Tanami Pumps - Anyone tried one?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe2006

Reaction score
There is a topic under the advertising section of the forum about Tanami Pumps which dates back to 2010. Not really good form to ask the question there I figured.

Anyway we recently we went on a trip to some fairly remote areas and took 3 x jerry cans of diesel and another with unleaded for the generator. So with 4 jerry cans, the "Mr Funnel" stored in a big bucket (which I didn't bother using), Engel, recovery gear, tent, kids stuff, blah blah blah, the old girl was pretty full in the tub.

The only fuel used was the unleaded for the generator but it was mighty reassuring to know I had 60 litres of diesel, which I might add, was close to being used on a couple of occasions.

When we got home the jerry cans of diesel ended up going in wifies car. The filler is pretty high up on her car so by the time the "Mr Funnel" (finally got to use the effing thing!)and hose was inserted, the jerry cans were being decanted from about shoulder height. Getting progressively knackered, by the third one diesel was splashing everywhere. Fortunately most of the diesel was going over the wife as she had the job of holding the funnel, although the car and I coped a bit too, which I was none too happy about.

So I was wondering whether anyone had tried one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCOVCKl_-E8

There are far better clips on the net about the pump but possibly none a greater source of mirth.

The drawbacks I see is more $hit in the back of the car that needs to be stored, the mess after using it with diesel leaking out the hose and having to pull out and connect the air compressor. I think you also have to earth the jerry can to the car as well, which means pulling out the jumper leads or make up something to suit.

On the plus side, the wife won't complain about getting diesel on her new frock.

Oh and they are about 80 bucks.

wow that does look good
simple and effective
pity I have plastic jerry cans
I might rig something up to suit plastic jerry cans me thinks

I think they have developed them for the plastic jerry cans too?

Check e-bay as there seems to be different styles available.

jiggle stick cheap easy and takes up know room the 5 minutes it takes to empty the jerry is just enough time to knock a coldie down

Last edited by a moderator:
jiggle stick cheap easy and takes up know room the 5 minutes it takes to empty the jerry is just enough time to knock a coldie down

yeah i agree, i use the old syphon hose as it takes up no room and its easy to use.

but they still require the jerry to be lifted higher than fuel tank
for some one like me with a buggered back,or an elderly person that's a big lift

yeah i agree, i use the old syphon hose as it takes up no room and its easy to use.

I used one of these + a small Whale in-line 12v pump when height was a issue.... the only downside is its only good for diesel, not petrol.... We used this system to drain a 44g drum out on the CSR many years ago.

Latest posts

Back