Ideas on how to drain fuel tank? I have tried and failed so far.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PbFeAu

Reaction score
My 2007 Navara runs on petrol, but I accidently put some diesel in it when it was on empty. Silly me. Looking for some advice on how to drain my Navara's fuel tank - or you can just enjoy laughing at my siutation. I have had a go using a few methods already, descriptions below - do you have any better ideas? To be specfic my car is a 2007 Nissan Navara St-X 4DR Manual V6 Petrol

My friend came over and we were able to disconnect the fuel line, however the fuel will not flow, because the fuel pump cuts off for saftey reasons after a few seconds of starting the car. My friend said we need to find a fuel pump relay to 'jump' with some wire to make the fuel flow, but after searching all the fuse and relay boxes we could not find anything like this.

I tried siphoning the fuel out, with a proper siphoning tube thing with a hand pump - but I can't get the tube far enough into the tank, it appears it might have some anti-siphon thing preventing the tube getting into the tank.

Thanks for reading.

The manual says you should use a hose of less than 15mm in diameter in the filler tube to draw fuel from the tank (see page 6 of the attached manual section).

Unlike the diesels, there's no opening in the bottom of the tank because your pump is in the tank (diesels have a pump on the engine, and that comes with its own issues).

Attachments

• FL.pdf
    754.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Old.Tony - I have tried siphoning it using that method with a tube less than 15mm with no luck - I am using this exact tube . Will have another go this morning.

I tried again double checking the siphoning technique - the hose can't reach the fuel - appears to be blocked by anti-siphoning mechanisms. Old.Tony can I ask if your manual was for the 2007 - D40? Or was it for an older version, which may have not had anti-siphoning mechnanisms in the ?

Back