Snorkel Roar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldy

Reaction score
G'day All
This is my first post here. I have just fitted a "Nissan" snorkel to my 2004 3 litre TD D22. It set up a bit of a roar from about 3000 rpm. I haven't been to 3k in top gear yet. I am wondering if this is normal to this configuration.
I have seen a couple of people wondering about a second battery setup being in the way. I had no trouble with my install. The snorkel came nowhere near the second battery in its spot at the near side fire wall.
Goldy.

Sounds pretty sweet doesnt it!
Some blokes might find that battery info useful. There's a thread kickin round about snorkels/dual batteries, maybe post some info there.
Welcome mate!
By the way, did u install the snork?

Snorkels do produce some induction noise. I point my snorkel backwards to elimate excess bugs so it directs noise into the cab. The noise doenst bother me at all but I did fit a Unifilter snorkel sock pre filter and it quietened the induction noise heaps.

Welcome aboard!

I like the induction noise, even though it's quite rare for me to hear it (I try not to rev my diesel over 2500rpm).

As for the bugs ... yep, just had to use a shovel to dig them out of my airbox. Did some night driving recently and thought "wow, look at all those moths" but when I popped the air filter out, it looked more like bits of wasp in there. Very strange - I didn't think wasps were active at night.

You get use to it.

3000rpm is about 110km/h in the D22.

I dont even notice it anymore unless the passenger window is down, its usually around town you hear it the most.

Did you fit the Snorkel and keep the pre-filter/spinner? or did ya fit the YD25 snorkel and remove it

Originally I had a ZD30 snorkel on.

Then swapped it over for the YD25 snorkel and pissed the pre-filter off.

Na tried that.

You could modify it.

The YD25 snorkel comes in at the front hole in the skirt where the ZD30 uses the 2nd.

So the hole in the panel is the same spot its just the inner tube than run between panel and firewall that is shorter and goes to another hole?

Yep. The YD25 inner guard piping is longer.

You could always cut the extra YD25 skirt part and use some silicon hose in the middle.

hmm anyone got the longer inner tube for the YD25?, thats all i need so i dont have to buy full kit, ill be able to find the other small intake pipe from a wreckers

Failing that, use Dave's answer.

If the front of the pipe fits in the hole, and the rear of the pipe fits the base of the snorkel, then cut the thing in half and add some silicon turbocharger hosing. Supercheap sell it, I guess every other auto parts place would as well.

Yeh that could work, still needa get the intake pipe, any links to new 1's? or is it from nissan direct

Latest posts

Back