V9X shut off under load after air in fuel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labsy

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

recently my V9X 3.0 diesel (2011 year Pathfinder, EU, Spain version) died when I was driving offroad some steep hill with near empty tank (it was just LOW lamp lit) first up, then when I went down slowly in 1st gear 4LO, engine died as soon as I came to end of the hill, when ground level and I give it some gas. Could not start it, checked diagnostic codes and I've got:
P2293 - Fuel pressure regulator 2
P0089 - Fuel pressure regulator 1
P1585 - Throttle Control Unit Malfunction

I towed it home and first I checked all connectors, cleaned them with contact spray, but all were OK. No water anywhere.
Then I primed fuel on air vent just above the high-pressure pump, tried to crank, but nothing. Also added some 20 l of diesel, pushed it with compressed air on filling opening all throught fuel filter and to air vent on engine, some 4 litres went through, so it pushed all air out. But still no luck, could not start it.
Some mechanics told me to try with start spray, some told me to try cranking for 30 seconds at least twice... so I tried all of that. But nothing worked.

So, I am afraid I might even worsen up the situation, maybe destroying injectors with too many tries??!!!

Now few days ago I towed it to mechanic, he changed pressure valve on high pressure diesel pump. Now it starts, runc OK, drives... but only if you are light on gas pedal. As soon as you push it, or rev above 3000 RPM, it shuts off, and fuel pressure errors pop-up. We clear the diagnostic codes and it starts again, but under load story repeats.
NOTE: I do have ECU reprogrammed, medium chiptuning and DPF deleted, but it was done 2 months ago and I had no problems for 2 months.

Now, I am stuck - what next?
New injectors would cost a fortune, and even if I go that route, I am not sure this will solve the problem. Any suggestions?

What a sad priblem for VX9s. I usually crank my ydd25 uphill using starter to move my car out of the rd so i can prime the fuel pump bulb.... If my fuel tank was low and line started to suck air esp down hill only. Down hill because the suction pipe is at the rear of tank which is up hill. All fuel flows down hill away from pipe. Lucky ydd25 doesnt have this issue !!!

Hi, did you ever get this sorted. Mine just done identical thing
Hi,

My mechanic sorted it out, but took 2 weeks, as when he thought he solved it, day later it limped again. I think he replaced fuel pressure sensor, alongside with rail, and 2 other sensors. But he himself admitted at least one replacement was not needed, but he did not know what else to try.

...btw, 2 weeks later starter failed, because I was cranking too much when trying to resolve. Latest Nissan service manuals say to NOT crank for more than 15 seconds.

Latest posts

Back