Show the temp in your dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just asked the wife if she wanted to go have morning tea there on Sunday, she said ok.

We love travelling places. We drove to Port Macquarie the weekend before (via Gloucester and Taree) just to have lunch.

Sounds good mate. Ill Pm you my details. That is a long drive to get some lunch! I know wht you mean but, I dont mind going for a good drive, especially in the Navara

Shaun

Just to confirm it for everyone's sake - the ST model does NOT have the harness in place to fit the ambient temperature sensor. We looked and found a loose two-pin socket just on the left side of the radiator (the vehicle's left side, not the left side as you're looking at it). There was no way the sensor I had in my hand was going to fit in there.

Nice meeting you Shaun, and Erin, Cooper, Riley & Woody of course.

If anyone knows about the harness/connector for the ST model D40's sensor it'd be great to hear from you.

Ok guys i have trolled through all of these threads and clicked on all the links... is there some way someone can give me a qucik rundown on this as i am soo lost.... sorry for putting the same stuff up and asking for a repeat but just can't make out the instructions that are in here at the moment...
THanks
Macca

Yeah G'day Tony..
Yeah i do have the 5/07 STX
Thanks for the links... was just getting confused but thanks heaps
Macca

Great to meet you and your wife also Tony. It was a great morning, and learnt a fair bit. It is a shame it is not as easy as it could have been to get the temp in my dash. There is definatley a space in the dash display as in the sunlight today I noticed there was the numbers and celcius in the display.

Thanks for taking the time to come down and help me out, very much appreciated. Look forward to seeing you again at barrington

Shaun

I'm finally in the process of ordering a few parts to test the DIY version of Nissan's over priced thermometer. The parts my theorizing has lead me too aren't stock items in Australia so I've had to order them from the UK, with a bit of luck they will be here in a week or so. If they work alls good if they don't so far I've wasted about $3.75 and the parts that don't work will go into another project in the future no doubt.

My $3 (or however much it was) thermistor I brought is still working fine but I have discovered that at -4 it shows -6 on the dash but from 0 up it is spot on up to 28 which is the warmest I've seen it and had external confirmation of.

Mine isn't perfectly accurate either. What thermistor did you use in yours - did you get it from a supplier, and does it have a part number?

Yeah keep to know that to if i am to do this it will be better to do it on the cheap than to go genuine!!!

We actually went down this road on ClubFrontier about 2 years ago and to be honest 1 member said his was close but nothing really as accurate. Even with the resistance to temp readings supplied we could not find anything that was close. We kinda thought it must have been a custom application made by a European manufacturer.

We kinda thought it must have been a custom application made by a European manufacturer.

Hence why I've only been concentrating on European components, in this country we just don't use enough thermistors of the same range that Nissan documentation is pointing too and even many online suppliers from the US say they don't stock the ranges I was looking at so it was UK all the way.

Tony I believe JPMC stated somewhere earlier that he couldn't get the part numbers off his thermistor and that he just walked into an electronic shop in NZ with the tables from the manual and got lucky (well got the part he wanted). He did give the colour's of the thermistor which helped me narrow down the list somewhat but we shall see in a few days just how narrow the list was.

Hope this is not a dumb question ... but can the sensor be fitted to a D40 RX ????

this is a feature i'd like to have on my dash board ...

Just to confirm it for everyone's sake - the ST model does NOT have the harness in place to fit the ambient temperature sensor. We looked and found a loose two-pin socket just on the left side of the radiator (the vehicle's left side, not the left side as you're looking at it). There was no way the sensor I had in my hand was going to fit in there.

Nice meeting you Shaun, and Erin, Cooper, Riley & Woody of course.

If anyone knows about the harness/connector for the ST model D40's sensor it'd be great to hear from you.

It's not just the wiring harness, it's also the dash cluster, it's missing the module, so you would have to get a dash & wiring harness from a STX if you want this to work.
Refer my post #58 & #101

Last edited:
Wasn't there a suggestion early on in the thread about those missing the harness at the front may actually have the harness to somewhere near the front door pillar so it's the same theory only you need more wires?

Of course if the instrument cluster doesn't have room for it then there is not much point but I thought there was something about adding the wiring from the pillar to the front.

There are alternative methods to do such things, nearly every manufacturer makes outside thermometers and you could possibly adapt the cheapest to suit. it wouldn't read on the dash but you could maybe have it read in a pillar pod or something.

Tony I believe JPMC stated somewhere earlier that he couldn't get the part numbers off his thermistor and that he just walked into an electronic shop in NZ with the tables from the manual and got lucky (well got the part he wanted). He did give the colour's of the thermistor which helped me narrow down the list somewhat but we shall see in a few days just how narrow the list was.

As he said.
It's a red one with a gold spot on the tip (see photo (sorry about quality but it's dark and cold over here at mo so was in a rush)). I originally had it incased in a lite plastic box but it leaked water in and upset the reading by making a connection between the legs. Anyway I got rid of the box and are just running it pushed into the plug now. It's been that way for about 3 months now and had no problems with water, ice or vibrations and as previously mentioned it's as good as spot on in the + deg but slightly out once it gets into the neg which I don't mind as once your in the neg deg it doesn't feel any colder anyway.

Attachments

• 11082010516.jpg
    11082010516.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 136

Latest posts

Back