Sax Suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to open an old thread but I was wondering how the sax gear is going still.
Also what price was the 2" lift?

I just got a quote off sax for $2580 that's was for everything.

The 3SDS leaf springs were $1300.

Just be careful on which vehicle you discriknste them against. They are having lots of success with the hilux and d40, triton, but not a lot of success with the D22 for some strange reason. I am a happy D22 owner but I have the old model springs not the new design. If your a d40 driver then you will be happy with your product. Also I don't have the sax prime xp shocks I have Rancho adjustables.

Just my 2cents worth. I would rather see someone get the right info for the vehicle specific model rather than information regarding a model that's not related to there car. Probably why he asked in here was because it was posted in the D40 section

I just mentioned what dave has spoke to me about then people can make there own minds up instead of only hearing from people that are giving them wraps when clearly there are some un happy campers out there, and if i have to be so model specific why are you telling everyone on here about your stuff

cause the convo started with my name mentioned. i gave my 2cents as there was no D40 owners on this forum with them in. Again i stated i have the old series springs in which as we have found out are completely different to the new series. i had also considered purchasing the new series in replacement of the old model but after a wave of unhappy D22 drivers i will not be changing them at all. I would rather se the D22 drivers feel the same i havde with this product as i think its alot of money to have the best of both worlds, especially when installing airbags etc makes the car unsafe.

I have the new series on my D22 and honestly I would have been better off putting a piece of 4x4 between the chasis and the rear diff, it would have been just as comfortable and a hell of a lot cheaper. I have complained to sax but response slow. My advise is wait until they sort this problem before you spend your money.

I have the new series on my D22 and honestly I would have been better off putting a piece of 4x4 between the chasis and the rear diff, it would have been just as comfortable and a hell of a lot cheaper. I have complained to sax but response slow. My advise is wait until they sort this problem before you spend your money.

Farmer Joe, Check the Install carefully. I had exactly the same Feel on my STX 550 at First and cursed the Springs. The back shackle was on upside down and had chewed into the Chassis Rail allowing Zero movement. Third Stage was on Max level. All up the ride was exactly as you describe , like the springs had been replaced with blocks of Wood. John at Sax pointed me in the Right direction to sort it, when I identified the Problem. Different car after I got the Spanners out

I just got back from 4 days on Fraser with my D40 - all Sax gear and only about 3 weeks old.

Rides okay - the back is fine (awesome actually) apart from the squeaking! I have it on the middle setting with all the gear in the tray of mine. I HATE the front but it is no different to any other lifted D40 - it tops out with a disconcerting crash if you don't just roll over washouts and drop offs. The internal tracks were ROUGH! and slow going. The front just seemed far too harsh but I understand the springs have to be stiffer to hold up the lift.

It all has me thinking now of a 5 inch Calmini lift but with soft springs in the front to allow a much gentler top out.

Try Harder,
I would may be check you back springs as well. I have seen this first hand a few times now. At first all seems good, then as the Springs start to settle an annoying Squeak emerges and the ride quality goes down hill with it. Soon everyone in the Car is clenching their teeth as a Bump in the road comes up . The Rear Shackle has one offset Arm. This Arm has a Long side and a Short Side. This arm is often installed upside Down. As the Springs settle this arm ( if Up side Down) Fowls on the Chassis. This is where your Squeak comes from. At First it is Not easy to see where it is hitting. As the days go on it becomes more Obvious.

Saggy,
You must have a different spring to me as the rear shackles havn't got any offset. They are two plates that are identical and reversable. Therefore they can't be put on wrong.
Cheers.....fj

mine squeaked also.
jack the car up so wheels are of the ground, check the front rubber bump stop for weight adjustment, it should move, if its hard to move loosen it a little. If it is tight it binds with the spring pack, put some grease under the rubber to.

that got rid of the annoying sqeak.

front ios a bit firm, but its gotta hold up the steel bar and winch

sax suspension

I have just finished fitting sax springs to the back of my 2012 D22, all up it has increased the height 4 inches, am loading up and going bush this weekend to see how they go.

Mine is all installed right. Triple checked.

I just wish I had got the calmini 5 inch lift now just to run softer spring rates....In the front.

I think I can still use the rear spring packs on the calmini lift. Anyone want to buy the front springs? 2 weeks old. :)

Well guys didnt get to go bush, had to ring saxs to confiirm I had the right springs because it just didn't feel right. My suspicion was right they had sent me the wrong springs for the d22, they had an extra leaf fitted. Anyway they sent me a new set on friday and I fitted them yesterday, everything seems much better now a bit softer,still ended up with a 4 inch lift out of a 2 inch set of springs. Now I just have to replace the upper control arms on the front so i can get enough lift to try and even it up a bit.

Well guys didnt get to go bush, had to ring saxs to confiirm I had the right springs because it just didn't feel right. My suspicion was right they had sent me the wrong springs for the d22, they had an extra leaf fitted. Anyway they sent me a new set on friday and I fitted them yesterday, everything seems much better now a bit softer,still ended up with a 4 inch lift out of a 2 inch set of springs. Now I just have to replace the upper control arms on the front so i can get enough lift to try and even it up a bit.

First things first. I love your name. Rangas for the win.

I'm surprised of your massive gains. Mine sits perfect with the old generation in and it stays that way whether loaded or unloaded. The uca will still only allow the front to hit 3" maybe. Goodluck

Hi RustyNav I've been running a set of SAX on a 2012 D22 for about 3 to 4 months, and I have the same 4' lift to the rear the springs. It works a treat but the front needs a big lift to bring to a level playing field. (not with standard gear)
Must be a new batch / style from SAX.
I have noticed that I have a vibaration in first and second gear when there is no load in the rear, none in top or high speed.
It can take a heavy load and trailer with out a problem.
Pauly B

Latest posts

Back