Sax Suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hapo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Am looking to put a lift on my D40 and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Sax suspension? Would really appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks in advance!

Rustynav has these leaves in his D22 and really likes them, he should be along to comment shortly. I am fairly certain i will replace my leaves with them when the time comes but have other priorities at present.

Ahah thanks blacknav.

As stated I have them fitted and wouldn't replace them with anything else. They carry loads really well flex like comfort springs and a soft unladened or ladened. I have coupled them with rancho adjustable shocks, but I'm sure the shocks they provide will go nicely with them. I have heard alot of D40 drivers putting them on and havent heard any bad stories yet. I think there might even be a d40 thread on this site about them or just google it. John from Saxs gives them a big hype for a reason. That cause they do the job.

Goodluck

Hey thanks guys!

I am pretty keen to give them a go and glad that others have had good experiences! I was going to put their complete kit on. They are suggesting the "performance pack" coils in the front and say that they will be fine for a steel bar and winch, just need to decide whether to go HD front or stick with performance... Will post some pics and feedback once I have it all fitted. Thanks again guys!

The monster rides guys rate them highly and they seem to know what they are doing

I carry tools all the time for work carpenter i was thinking about 500 to 600 kg and was wanting to know if u get any sag with the 3 stage or 3sds setup, its only a very few times a year i take all the tools out and go away camping and base camp and then go off 4wd so no weight then

SAXsuspension

Hi hapo
Just saw your post regarding sax suspension to my d 40 , i fitted a 2 inch lift supplied by them, had a lot of trouble with product support, to the point where i had to replace the rear springs a week before my month long trip to cape york, as i loaded up for the trip the rear springs couldnt hold the weight. hope im not too late for your decision.

Hi hapo
Just saw your post regarding sax suspension to my d 40 , i fitted a 2 inch lift supplied by them, had a lot of trouble with product support, to the point where i had to replace the rear springs a week before my month long trip to cape york, as i loaded up for the trip the rear springs couldnt hold the weight. hope im not too late for your decision.

WOW....RustyNav just came back from the Cape & he's got this suspension & from what I read it performed faultlessly..... Not sure what sort of weight he had in the back though....

Hi hapo

I'm actually shocked to hear this. I am no link to sax suspension and I have had nothing but great support from them the whole time.

What exactly happened to your springs? There are 2 types and 2 models. I have the black set which are the previous model and are the performance set. Had no issues with them at all. My Ute was fully loaded in the tray plus canopy.

Rusty

have the SAX 3SDS Springs in my STX550 and can not fault them. Tow a 3 horse float on a regular basis and their performance is faultless. Have not given them much of a Work out off road yet. Unfortunately can say the same for their installers.
Had one of their mobile installers fit mine. Put the Rear Spring Shackle on Upside down which caused it to Bind
into the Chassis and set the Preload on the Third stage at Max. The nav drove like the suspension had been replaced with a Solid Blocks of Wood.
Credit to John at SAX, a couple of phone calls and the problem sorted. NAV now rides like factory

Wow just wow i got my car back and about 90mm lift on the front and about120mm lift in the back with just about 90% full tray of tools all from a 2 inch lift lol oh the ride AAA+++ so far but havent driven to far yet, so im HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY the only problem now is im struggling to fit in the car port at home lol

Wow just wow i got my car back and about 90mm lift on the front and about120mm lift in the back with just about 90% full tray of tools all from a 2 inch lift lol oh the ride AAA+++ so far but havent driven to far yet, so im HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY the only problem now is im struggling to fit in the car port at home lol

Wow that's some serious lift out of 2" kit. What did they end up doing? Replacing with new springs or repacking springs to take more load? Hows the cv angles? Your factory stuff must have been rooted.

Rusty

It was a full 2 inch sax suspension kit all round after talking to there rep it was there heavy duty kit , i no the nissan stuff was stuffed cause i had about 30mm bump stop to chassies with sad faced leafs lol im not sure on the cv angles but the mechainc didnt say anything

It was a full 2 inch sax suspension kit all round after talking to there rep it was there heavy duty kit , i no the nissan stuff was stuffed cause i had about 30mm bump stop to chassies with sad faced leafs lol im not sure on the cv angles but the mechainc didnt say anything

Well if you had pretty bad sag then the lift was about right. Even though the 120mm in rear sounds excessive. Good result though, another happy customer.

Before and After

Attachments

• PicsArt_1346590498748.jpg
    PicsArt_1346590498748.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 347

Latest posts

Back