Queensland Navara Dodgy Mechanics Days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That could work out well mate... Keen to learn more about the egt and boost gauge install... Hopefully ray's home... Haha!

i second that mate. im keen to know how its all meant to work etc. i guess ill be the guiney pig lol.

well it might work better off being the following weekend cause itll give me the chance to get the dump pipe in :S. no point installing boost gauge without a dump pipe to fit it. plus the friday of that week will be my day off from work so i can pickup the plates from John(Zordo) if need be.

Rusty

I will be coming from the sunshine coast, going straight pass there so if it's easier I can do it. See what happens, I can see a shortage of these bashplates at that price

I will be coming from the sunshine coast, going straight pass there so if it's easier I can do it. See what happens, I can see a shortage of these bashplates at that price

it might be the way to do it. save me travelling northside of town to collect these. see what happens. guess well get numbers and mak sure its all paid for and pick them up. we'll work it out.

glad noone noticed but i said no point installl boost gauge without a dump pipe. what i really meant to say was no point isntalling a egt gaugewithout the dump pipe. lol

Haha, I noticed rusty.... Where you getting your EGT gauge from? I'm looking for one... Would prefer a digital display, something fancy looking, and blue if I can get it.

Haha, I noticed rusty.... Where you getting your EGT gauge from? I'm looking for one... Would prefer a digital display, something fancy looking, and blue if I can get it.

shhh :p. the egt gauge comes with the chipit chip i am ordering tomoz and should have next week around wednesday, it is digital but only about 45mmx20mm in size of front face so its tiny and im gonna stick it where you have you boost gauge mounted so it wont annoy me to much there. oh and it has red numbers not blue.

have a look on ebay for egt gauges and you mite find somethine. if not try the autron gauges from extreme limits offroad website. they have a boost gauge and egt gauge in one controller. my bro has this in his patrol and is a pretty good gauge but i think its a lil slow on the responsive side of things for the boost part but teh egt is pretty much spot on.

LCD Exhaust Gas Temprature & Boost Gauge - Silver

here is a egt gauge for cheapish?
-= EGT PYRO GAUGE =- 52mm Turbo Diesel TOYOTA NISSAN | eBay

maybe even go another Drift gauge?

gooduck
Rusty

I may have to accelerate my purchase of the Chip It chip and make this a fitting day because mine will be identical to your install if you get the Sunco dump pipe.

We can do Rusty's Nav first as the trial run though to make sure it works. :D

I may have to accelerate my purchase of the Chip It chip and make this a fitting day because mine will be identical to your install if you get the Sunco dump pipe.

We can do Rusty's Nav first as the trial run though to make sure it works. :D

By sunco you mean suncoast? If so no I'm going a different place now here on southside. Stainless steel dump with high flow cat in the dump I think see what happens ill call them again tomoz and make a booking.

By sunco you mean suncoast? If so no I'm going a different place now here on southside. Stainless steel dump with high flow cat in the dump I think see what happens ill call them again tomoz and make a booking.

Ahh fair enough sounds good if its a similar price plus you don't have to drive very far.

I'll be interested to see how yours turns out and if they fit a bigger pipe in.

Should pretty much be the same. Apart from my complete dump being stainless. I'll check the material tomoz. I'm gonna have to fab a few brackets to hold the heat shield around the pipe again. Should be easy.

Sorry guys, just got home from band prac. Yeah, no probs, We've got plenty of room so no worries with that. Going to wait until the bashplates are in?, if so we can work out a weekend to suit and go from there. :cheers!:

sweet as! i pulled my bash plates off this arvo, and i need to work out a way to re-fit the front diff/sump guard plate... it's kinda....munted a bit.

Ok this is sweet. So can everyone make the 22-23 weekend? Let's say Saturday? Plates will definitely be in by then and it gives everyone a chance to put payment down for them before pickup. I think alpha is coming past johns for work so he can pick them up. If not I can go for a drive on a day off.

Might aswell starting getting numbers.

I'm in if its Saturday

Rusty

Yep me too, I can pick them up on the way through Saturday morning if that works for everyone. Just let me know, I might see if the boss will let me have some mire funds for a gauge or 2!

Last edited:
Ok, the only days I can't do is 16th and 29th October, but 22-23 is ok. (I'll skip going to the races at the Gold Coast for another year, need the money for mods anyway)

At the moment I'm in the process of getting a Toyota airbox from Dan off the forum, and hopefully may be able to order the genuine Nissan snork to go with it. Although with the amount of pipe work that needs to be done to get the Toyota box to fit the V6, it probably won't be a one day job. But, many heads are better than my stupid one, so solutions at least would be great.

I've got a driveway area in front of the shed, plus a big grassed area behind the shed, so room won't be an issue.

I'm 10 mins south of Browns Plains, numbers coming and whatnot we can work out in the coming days.

I should be good for those dates. I'll bring some experience and some tools. I got around to having a look at the ironman bashplates last night, they look alright!

Guys
I just got off the phone to zordo (john) and the bash plates should be arriving on Wednesday. If we are going to get together on the 22nd i can make that, and seems as i live only 10mins (if i drive slow) from johns i would be able to pick them up and bring them down.

Latest posts

Back