Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
Well.... I just blew the eBay turbo lol I think the rear compressor wheel is missing some fins? On my way back my bro was behind me in his isuzu which just got the free EFS treatment thanks to me lol he said I had a few metal bits fly out and heaps of smoke.. I already knew that because I have blown one before lol anyway forefront I think I need the billet upgrade ;-)

Well.... I just blew the eBay turbo lol I think the rear compressor wheel is missing some fins? On my way back my bro was behind me in his isuzu which just got the free EFS treatment thanks to me lol he said I had a few metal bits fly out and heaps of smoke.. I already knew that because I have blown one before lol anyway forefront I think I need the billet upgrade ;-)

Sorry to hear that😐
Least you get a shiny new turbo now lol

well.... I just blew the ebay turbo lol i think the rear compressor wheel is missing some fins? On my way back my bro was behind me in his isuzu which just got the free efs treatment thanks to me lol he said i had a few metal bits fly out and heaps of smoke.. I already knew that because i have blown one before lol anyway forefront i think i need the billet upgrade ;-)

might have to bite the bullet mate and put a garrett on it like i did,have to be doing something severe to blow one of those.

might have to bite the bullet mate and put a garrett on it like i did,have to be doing something severe to blow one of those.

I think they are fine if you don't drive like me, I like to boost and they are not up for it as a off-road quality more for your average joe takes it easy and baby's his ride :) I'll have to do something ASAP and fit it

Ok so I'll be getting me one of those billet high flow turbos from forefront industries this coming week and rip the blown one out! Need to have my boost for landcrusier park next weekend!

Old turbo out new billet going in tommro and thanks to forefront industries for getting me out of trouble today!

Last edited:
It's in and running! What a difference over stock turbo!! Very impressed and love it that whistle..... Sik! Anyway thanks forefront industries with hooking me up on your day off I love the new turbo

It's in and running! What a difference over stock turbo!! Very impressed and love it that whistle..... Sik! Anyway thanks forefront industries with hooking me up on your day off I love the new turbo

Good to hear
Now you better start getting ready for next weekend for the bash at LandCruiser park!!

Geoff

"GO THE NAV V6's"

Sounds like you picked up some more ponies and i bet your pleased to be back on the road so soon,see ya at cruiser park mate.

Cheers guys yep defiantly looking forward to the trip!! Wanted to get this sorted out first and it's all good I'll be boosting through the tracks now

cheers guys yep defiantly looking forward to the trip!! Wanted to get this sorted out first and it's all good i'll be boosting through the tracks now

good to hear your up and cracking again mate ,looking forward to next wkend give it shit through the scrub!!!

Cheers guys yep defiantly looking forward to the trip!! Wanted to get this sorted out first and it's all good I'll be boosting through the tracks now
I was looking at a one of those turbos but untill it fails last dyno was 118kwts at the wheels i carn't see the point great to hear positive feedback on that product.

Well I was driving around hit map 1 at 27psi and it handles it easily.. But I am lacking on fuel as I'm still running stock fuel pressure as this is just timing and boost

So quick update on unichip after install, pulled 60k more from a tank and that's with a blown turbo lol the smoke I used to have is almost gone too! The engine idles smoother and drives a lot smoother.. Is it worth it? I would have to say yes it just corrects how the engine runs especially if you have mods done like exhaust intercooler etc.. Overall I am happy with it, I did hit a snag unfortunately they couldn't get my fuel pressure wires connected to unichip so I am still running stock fuel parameters and can't get more out of it until I can control fuel! Sucks balls but it needs to be done! I know she has more then 112kw at the wheels just need more fuel! Either way it's an improvement and I have more to improve on.. Next up over the next few weeks I'll be making a custom air box with a pod enclosed inside and see if I can gain a more less turbulent air flow into the meter

Latest posts

Back