Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
Diesel Australia is at Slack Creek in Brisbane, had the Nav on the dyno today she pulled 179.7hp or 135kw at the rear wheels @ 28psi !!! Stoked!!! The tune cost me $1250 with dpf, egr and torque limiter raised.. Couldn't be happier with the results will post dyno print outs shortly

Good numbers....how does she feel?
What were at before with the unichip?

Mate I'm not sure cause this happened while I been in Melbourne! So once I get back to brissy next week I'll let you know :) as for figures it was the following.. Stock run at 20psi 110hp then unichip was 26psi 149hp and reflash was 179.7 at 28psi

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431123645.378035.jpg here you go

Nice Flavi!, the unichip was addressing timing only not boost or pressure if I remember correctly. Would of been nice to have a set of stock rims to do the run over the 35's, good work mate.

Hey Cam I guess 15-20 HP. A stock 126kw D40 will put out around 169HP at the flywheel, less 33% loss of power through driveline would result in around 113 HP at the wheels. Flavi got 111 HP on 35's with the bigger I/cooler and upgraded turbo. So they defiantly robbed some horsepower.

Nice rig 4BYFOR. Quick question, does that size tyre rub at all? Really like the custom dash lighting too!

So................ Ended up cracking the head and blowing the gasket out of the Nav the other day! The coolant hoses under the oil filter had perished over the years due to oil changes making it dissolve and ended up leaking all my coolant before I realised my temp gauge which did not hit the red zone but was enough to do damage. I jumped out the Nav to see where the steam was coming from and was the front bonet and the tail pipe!!! So, it's had the head ripped off and it's gone! This is going to cost me around 2.5k for the rebuild. Head, gaskets, water pump, hoses, thermostat, coolant, engine oil and radiator! Thanks to forefront for the new alloy one love it! Anyway I'll keep you guys posted if your interested in the outcome. Also I can not speak anymore highly of Diesel Australia guys seriously these guys have my respect and wouldn't trust anyone else with my Nav. Absolutely pleasure to deal with and they go the extra mile unlike others out for a quick buk.. No bull.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432115578.615626.jpg

Sad mate but at least its on the mend.....good to drive with the new tune tho?

Yeh mate she is.. It was running wicked mate 28psi and you can launch it witht the 35"s and spin it off take off with my auto! Picked up heaps lower end and top end kicks ass! Love it mate absolutely love it

Got the big bitch back! While she was away getting the new head and quite an extensive list done I have installed new Bilsteins up front and rear with EXHD Kings. Omg does this thing drive wicked! The suspension is great I'd highly recommend billies any day. Thanks to fulcrum Hillcrest! Also installed the redarc low coolant alarm for peace of mind from Young Bull Old Bull Automotive in Brisbane. The boys at diesel Australia have done a wicked job on my Nav it's flawless.... 180rwhp this thing is a weapon!
Here is a list of things that have been changed..
New head, valves, gaskets seals, water pump, thermo stat, radiator (from forefront industries), new hoses, timing chain, belts, cleaned and tested injectors + glow plugs, removed egr.. Might have missed a few but you get the idea!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433668621.566224.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433668633.749583.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433668654.259000.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433668665.334502.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433668675.651675.jpg

Latest posts

Back