oil catch can

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
filling it with mesh or scrub pads is fairly pointless unless you can force the gas to go through it. i tried a few different things with mine and the gas simply took the easiest path through the can which means it bypassed the filter.

i can't see rolled up mesh being any good, the gas will just go around the outside of it all. even foam fitted tightly had the same problem.

you can try pot scrubbers. fit a inlet hose down the centre of the can, then remove the bottom and fill the can from the bottom with pot scrubbers packing them in tight.
really need someting in to keep the pot scrubbers at he top of the can so theres empty space at the bottom for the oil. otherwise the pot scrubbers take up roam need to store the oil. these things will catch a LOT of oil.

my little setup which is fairly easy to do.
catchcanfilter.jpg

catchcanmount.jpg

i filled mine with stainless steel scrubbers to the top when u look in the inlet and outlet u see it so it has to go through it i filled it all the way i dont have a space at the botttom for oil i just assume that it will fill alot faster and i will need to keep an eye on the level .

i got some good picture of it all and and pics of nearly every step but when i got to attach it says its too big i cant even put one of them so sorry bout that pictures

i also have clear pipes and the inlet pipe u can see oil traces and a little bit sitting in there and the outlet doesnt have a trace

anyone have an idea of how to these pic going???

that should work ok,will be interesting to see how much oil it catches over 5000k,i got about 100ml out of mine over 7000k the way it is,will change mine to something similar with a spacer set up in the bottom when i get around to it.just have to try this try that see what works.

here are a couple of pictures

Attachments

• catch can 7.jpg
    catch can 7.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,892
  • catch can 1.jpg
    catch can 1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 477
  • catch can2.jpg
    catch can2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 466
  • catch can 3.jpg
    catch can 3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 467
  • catch can 4.jpg
    catch can 4.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 538
here is a couple more

Attachments

• catch can 5.jpg
    catch can 5.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 370
  • catch can 7.jpg
    catch can 7.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 745
this was a picture before i put the catch can in

Attachments

• before catch can.jpg
    before catch can.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 426
Paul the catch can catches the oil that is normally fed back into the intake via the breather pipe from the rocker cover.

Dave.

hey i had my catch can in for two days and i notice the there was a bit of oil sitting in the inlet house and was wondering if this is strage i have put stainless steel scrubbers in it and was wondering if have put too much in i have only just sat them ontop of each other and didnt pack them in tight i have got some picture here of the pipes.

i check the can and the scrubbers the top one infront of the inlet had a small amout of oil on it but very minnimal

would like to find out if this is normal or if something is wrong

thankyou

Attachments

• catch can hoses two days 001.JPG
    catch can hoses two days 001.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 474
  • catch can hoses two days 002.JPG
    catch can hoses two days 002.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 408
  • catch can hoses two days 003.JPG
    catch can hoses two days 003.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 369
  • catch can hoses two days 004.JPG
    catch can hoses two days 004.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 501
  • catch can hoses two days 005.JPG
    catch can hoses two days 005.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 329
thats normal. the motor to can hose will always have oil in it. the one to worry about is the can to air inlet hose. if that has oil in it then the can is not working. however with 2 days use you probably won't see oil come out for a while yet.

just blow through the can to make sure its not block.

GIVE IT A FEW THOU Ks AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU GET,KEEP AN EYE ON USING THAT CLEAR HOSE THAT COMES WITH THEM,DONT KNOW HOW WELL IT WILL STAND UP TO HEAT AND OIL.

every things is good now can wasnt blocked had good air flow so my mind is a rest.

yer thought that with the hoses mite change them in the next couple of day was just lazy

I've got a similar catch can sitting in my shed if anyone wants it they can have it. Pickup from Robina. I changed to a provent sometime back.

Hi All can you tell me what the benefits of fitting a oil can is

thanks paul

catchs the oil that comes out the crankcase breather. its stops that oil from going into the engine intake and contributing to fouling of the intake. also the oil is burnt as unmetered fuel which can cause a few other problems.

Latest posts

Back