newby

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naughty D40

Reaction score
G'day,off to pick up our 2006 d40 tomorrow morning.185000k's,turbo diesel, Spanish built. We get 1 month warranty from the yard,after that I'm keen to tinkervaway !!

Thanks guys,our family are very excited at the prospect of heading to straddie/bribie and whatnot,I also go shooting occasionally and I'm sure the Nav will go places that my vs commodore ute won't,lol.
It has a steel tray so some sort of cover will be our 1st purchase. The ute also has a set of coil springs as we'll as the leaves on the rear,does anyone elsE have these?

Mine doesn't. My D40 was designed for leaf springs, so the chassis is strengthened around the front and rear leaf mounts and not in the middle. Adding a coil or an air bag to mine would possibly result in the chassis bending around the top of the spring/bag so I won't take the risk with mine.

There are a few issues, the rear uni on the front tailshaft has a bit of slop in it,pretty vibey over 80 kmh. we did not get a chance to go over that on the test drive. also 1 headlight isnt working. hopefully the 1 month statutory warranty covers that.
the coil spring helpers have a qld mod plate, I rang the place and they have a website which ill post a link to in a later post (cant remember the name). apparently their designed to take a fraction of the weight off the leaf springs for a more comfortable ride. something about keeping the wheel in constant contact with the road. Lots of ergon energy 4wds and the like are fitted like this apparently.
the clutch comes a looooong way up before engaging as well but if it goes after the warranty period then so be it, after reading about the clutches here i think ill go the single mass from archerfield.

freds 4wd conversions, if you go to their website , under the "about" section is a piece on comfort suspension, thats what we have.
new unis on the front tailshaft next week under warranty, happy with that!!

Latest posts

Back