Navara D22 (2006) ZD30 bad turbo or wastegate whine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you checked the 4 Allen key bolts at rear of turbo.
These have been known to come loose and cause the symptoms you describe.

I'm with forefront on your turbo markings being normal.
I had mine inspected by turbo mob, it is same as yours and they said its fine, I also bought a second hand one for a spare off gumtree and its the same too. They both have a micky hair of shaft movement too, same as you describe.

Last edited:
thanks Charlie (and think I saw your other thread too)

I looked at it again this weekend, and its def the turbo. Time to buy some parts

new turbo from Forefront goes in on Wednesday.....

and now the batteries flat, which means can't unlock the remote alarm to get in the car, to pop the hood, to undo the battery when the alarm goes off when I break in to recharge the battery

modern conveniences :)

car is at mechanics now.

RACQ jumped the car when the little Suzuki battery wouldn't work for me this morning (cca's not high enough I guess). They said the altenator is working fine, but the battery is not getting the AMPs back into it while its running (14.25V while sucking power from the RACQ truck and then while my motor running). Its like its loosing amps from something....

Hopefully the Mechanic does a trick job for me and sorts a few things out

cheers

So first mechanic in last post did not do the trick job I hoped for.

Dropped car in to my father in laws mechanic this arvo and one of the pullys / bearings went on the front belt and spewed little ball bearings at home when we popped the hood. Took off the belt and no more whine at higher Revs. So there was the prob.... Which one? Will find out tomorrow.

First mechanic didn't give a crap about the whine and couldn't be arsed finding out where it was. Hoping its sorted by Wed night :)

Lj

Wow my cars like a dream now. Props to Chris at Anpol mechanic at Darra in Qld.

In addition t the other rubbish by the first mechanic, he left the bottom engine side bolt off the dump (yeah that hard oneti get on / off), basically cause he's a lazy arse!

See yas at the Muster!

Lj

Good to here it's all sorted, you should name and shame the dodgy bastard.
Have fun at the muster.

Latest posts

Back