I need to buy a swag.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stitching, brackets, zips blah blah, nothing too bad, just pretty ordinary quality. Definitely get a good nights sleep in it though

Fair call. I've looked a cheapy and sat on an ARB one and they honestly felt the same. But that was a indigo campers tent so they seem okay. I might go a roo systems tent of they are readily available just for warranty stuff. And you get a free high lift with it.

I use my swag only during winter, found you stay warm when it's really cold. I will be using my new tent cot during the summmer

I just bought my tigerz roof top tent, so if you'd like to purchase a trusty oztrail Mitchell swag I can sell you one. It's served me well for over two years, has the 3 poles to keep it off you (great when I camped in the snow), and a thick mattress for comfort. I highly recommend it, if you want to get a brand new one they're a couple of hundred, and fantastic for winter and summer, PM me if you'd like details on mine.

the oztrail Mitchell is by far the best qaulity for money,theres no way id pay 400+ for a swag when theres the oztrail Mitchell

We got a Tigerz11 double swag for around $150, we used it for two nights in Exmouth then upgraded to a tent, its good for short term camping, fold her out and crash out, but for a week stay you really need a tent or something bigger, depends on where your going and how long you want to stay.

Our Oztent is big enough for a long string like my self to stand up in, also we can put heaps of stuff inside it, as well as sleep comfortably, we took the mattress out the tiger swag when we upgaded and put it in the new tent, worked a treat ;)

I had the same dilemma when i wanted to purchase a swag for myself i looked at lots of different ones and ended up with the burke and wills Coolabah swag as it was slightly wider the most standed swags however from memory it was around the 500 mark. its been great so far and the matress is more comfy then my regular bed. it also has a few extra features like pvc matts outside both entrances and twin hoops to keep it off you when its hot. the only problem i had is that i purchased a green one and would have much rathered a brown or aus cammo coloured one as that was the only colour anaconda sold at the time, the price also included a pvc storage bag to stop damage from stuff rubbing against it.

Bourke and Wills Coolabah here. Love it and I know if I get caught in rain with it, Ill stay dry 'cause the cavas is high quality. Always sleep like a baby in it.

Rays outdoors roman breakaway 399
eBay 349 free delivery
Canvas seemed thicker and has a built in bag for the poles was enough to sell me on it

Well as much as I love my little tent I bit the bullet and got me an Oztrail Mitchell swag. Thought it was a little closed in at first but after a really good nights sleep, I have to say I love it. Taking it out again this weekend because the wifey and kids don't want to come with me. Quick and easy to setup and pack up, sensational!!

Cheers Brad

The support from Oztrail has thus far been excellent. My brother set his camping swag up the other few days and was going to rest outside. He dropped onto the center ring and split it, I go Oztrail and requested a new post, they sent me a pole for a dual camping swag, You've got to be satisfied with that.

I've got a DB Swag. I bought it by mail order in 1991. May be a little old in it's design now, but it was the first (I think) to come with full cover and a fly screen. It cost me $400 new, a fair wack of money back then, and still a lot now for a single swag. I know theres a lot of better swag designs around now, but I just can't bring myself to retire it. It's been with me all over the country and never let me down.
Just my two cents worth.
Cheers.

I don't remember the brand, but mine was $375 on shelf and I paid $300. Is good heavy canvas etc. was well worth money.

After quite a bit of research I just bought an Oztrail Lachlan swag. They are normally $300+ on sale but I found this site that has them for $299 with a bag and free delivery ($269 without the bag but you have to pay for postage)!!

Decided on this one because it's got vent at the top and bottom and a zipped top section so if there are no mossies you can open it right up.

http://www.campingcentral.com.au/oztrail-lachlan-deluxe-14oz-canvas-single-swag/

I've had two aos swags and both have buggered the zip. Now have a tusker swag made in Perth. Bloody Awsome quality. Several colors. Was only 300 for a double with a 70mm mattress.

Latest posts

Back