help help help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cole

Reaction score
hey guys in the middle of fitting some new bits n peices to my navara. new turbo dual batt and few others, im having a few issues i cant for the life of me find how much motor oil for a 2000 d22 deisel, any advice on what oils people are using would be appreciated
Much Appreciated, Cole

According to the April 2000 version of the D22 manual there are 8 different variations of engine possible. Here's a chart that lists them all:

Z24S (2WD) - 3.3 litres without, 3.8L with filter change
Z24S (4WD) - 3.8L without, 4.3L with filter change
KA24DE (2WD) - 3.3L without, 3.6L with filter change
KA24DE (4WD) - 3.8L without, 4.1L with filter change
VG30E (2WD) - 3.6L without, 3.9L with filter change
VG30E (4WD) - 3.0L without, 3.3L with filter change
TD25 & TD27 - 5.3L without, 6.0L with filter change
QD32 & TD25Ti - 6.0L without, 6.7L with filter change

Hope that helps. If your engine isn't listed, let us know what you have.

cheers tony used agip oil, fleet guard and K&N filters amd going to do diffs and gears tomorrow do you have any specs for them also

Manual gearbox: you must use API GL-4, Viscosity SAE 75W-90 only.
Automatic gearbox: Genuine Nissan ATF or equivalent
Transfer case: Genuine Nissan ATF or equivalent or API GL-4
Non-LSD differential: API GL-5
LSD diff: Gear Oil Hypoid LSD Rear (Part No.: KLD31-14002) or equivalent

For the FS5R30A gearbox 2WD, 2.8 litres
For the FS5R30A gearbox 4WD, 5.1 litres
For the FS5W71C gearbox 2WD, 2.0 litres
For the FS5W71C gearbox 4WD, 4.9 litres

For the automatic transmission (RE4R01A), 8.1 litres

For the transfer case - 2.2 litres

For the front diff - 1.3 litres

For the rear diff - if it's a C200, 1.3 litres and if it's a H233B, 2.3 litres

^ What he said, oh and some info on the engine would be good.

For all we know, you might be in the UK running a TD25TI.

its a QD32 with aftermarket turbo, thanks tony you certainly know ur stuff much appreciated, the ute was built march 2000 and is a 4wd dual cab pickup. how will i find what gearbox and diff in the ute

Gearbox FS5R30A Rear diff H233b Front diff R180a.

Engine is 6.2L oil without filter, 6.7L with filter. Z503 is the Ryco part code. Rare that you'd ever fit that much oil in, since it doesn't all drain out when you empty it. So it's just a guideline on how much to buy. I usually buy a 20L drum, and replace oil every 5,000, filter every 10,000, the 20L drum lasts three services that way

Last edited:
Cheers Dion makes life easier.i couldnt download the manuals for some reason. I serviced it in the our workshop where we the oil is in 1000 drums didnt pay for a thing which is good ill have to go and take a looks to try find all the right lubes for gears and diffs was hard enough to find the right engine oil theres so much oil. Do you or does anyone reccomend anywhere for glow plugs/ injectors

Actually it should be 7.2 and 7.9L for the engine oil, my mistake. Like I said there's no point metering it in.

What Old Tony has on the gear oil is correct,

GLI-4 spec for the MT... viscosity 75W-90 or 80W-90 are fine
Ditto for the transfer.
LSD oil required for the H233b diff, should be an orange tag on the diff saying so.

Back