fridge thermo fan wiring/thermostat questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That manual switch is looking more appealing now Vic:embarassed:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhappy "you and your horse "sarcasm" can both fukc off lol......

I was looking at that link you posted and thought there has to be something missing ..derrr
But your right- Manual is the go, I was thinking if I have to leave it for 2 or 3 days at a time. The camper is purely a Tourer "Tar only-it's nearly 30 yr old camper" so I would leave that at camp/caravan parks and then shoot out on 4'b trails beach runs etc with just the swag etc as I make my way up the coast.. well that's the thought ;)

Wonder how one of those thermostats would go on the intercooler?? Mine runs constant- just a thought...

If I'm not sucked up or blown away by a tornado hopefully I'll be able to get to Jaycar tomorrow and then have a go at trying to set it up....

fire extinguisher at the ready ..

Ha you could leave it for a few day's with the fans going and use bugger all power. The 3 way loves being closed for a long time too, every time you open that door for more than a few seconds it has to work it's arse off to regain temperature.

I bought one of those whizbangs that are programmable myself, for the same reason that you have. It doesn't actually use 3A - it's rated at 3A, which means it can switch a load of up to 3A and no more. It should draw a fraction of a watt (0.1A or something tiny).

I'll do some testing one day soon and will let you know what I find. I bought this so I could program the switch on/off temps.

As a fridgie ive installed alot of Pc fans NEAR the exhaust of the fridge to help get rid of the hot air.
I get alot of folks thats come into the pilbara and complain that there fridge doesnt work on gas when the outside temp about 45 degrees. The fans help remove the air to get more cooling over the heat exchangers. Depending on how skilled youre with tools and etc i would just put a switch on the fans and then turn on when required or pick up a thermostat from and electrical wholesaler or even a Heatcraft or actrol.

Latest posts

Back