Ignition Wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnl56

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am putting in a SAAs Turbo Timer and After connecting what I thought were the correct wires for the Yellow wire to Red wire out of the ignition switch I get power to the timer and it lights up can set time etc, but turn off the car and the engine switches off.

The other are fine, From the timer Red to constant power, Black to Gnd, orange to nothing ( For Alarm), Do I have to connect the park brake switch to 12- to the grey wire. or could I set it to gnd I used a multimeter to test the wiring and I get 12v on the red when on and when I turn to start. But I am not sure which is the correct wire by color. In a Nissan Patrol Forum one bloke states the blue wire is the start circuit. So if someone can send me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Sorted. Black with White Trace, Ran the wire from the Grey to the switch on the hand brake just incase. What was confusing me was in the diagrams in the manual it shows the red wire from the on and Start positions on the switch.

One issue that has risen is the central locking wont work when the car is running the timer. I think it is due to the motor still running, I have to use the keys to lock the car which is fine.

^ Same problem in mine, if the turbo timer is operating (by holding the ignition line "on" the BCM won't respond to the fob). I've heard some people solve it by moving the central locking switch to the driver's outer switch panel, and with the driver's window open, they press the central lock key, then window auto-up and walk away. How they extended the wires from the centre console to the right side I don't know (there's no ready-made harness for this).

Latest posts

Back