Formula 1, 2012

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
With Melbourne qualifying out of the way. For me there were a few suprises.

Lotus in the top 3.
Redbull not.
Ferrari with both cars spending more time off the track than on.
How fast Mclaren were from closest competitor.
Mercedes with a Brawn GP worthy car.

F Mclaren don't run away with dominance it should be an interesting first few races.

With Melbourne qualifying out of the way. For me there were a few suprises.

Lotus in the top 3.
Redbull not.
Ferrari with both cars spending more time off the track than on.
How fast Mclaren were from closest competitor.
Mercedes with a Brawn GP worthy car.

F Mclaren don't run away with dominance it should be an interesting first few races.

and two aussies in the top 10

best part again was the Hornet

Yep and Lotus, possibly a few others. Apparently Ross Brawn has pulled some more magic from his hat and come up with a dual DRS rear wing that has a F Duct built into it.

Just pissed that they didn't think of it. Typical red bull. They were happy when they had only blown defuser but pissed now they didn't think of dual DRS.

Way to early to tell.

They do sound better this year thru the corners without that hot gas exhaust on throttle off.

Kimmi has some explaining to do. I didn't expect him to be as quick as Grosjean in the first race but 18th. compared to 3rd! That is a very big disparity.

What's the go with no KERS for Red Bull, you would think a team like them would have it sorted.

ross brawns a genius always thinks up a little something for his cars!!! everyone else is just gutted they never thought of it!!! im watching it on some weird internet feed as bbc have flogged half there F1 contract to sky and im to tight to get sky in for £40 a month just to watch F1!

Not sure if the Mercedes trick is a dual rear wing DRS or rather an elaborate front wing stall mechanism triggered by the DRS....

rumor has it that the mclarens were being stripped down and inspected by the FIA post qualifying. should be a good race tomorrow.

ross brawns a genius always thinks up a little something for his cars!!! everyone else is just gutted they never thought of it!!! im watching it on some weird internet feed as bbc have flogged half there F1 contract to sky and im to tight to get sky in for £40 a month just to watch F1!

Does the australian channel 10 sport site not work?

Interesting about Mclaren... Lewis was pretty quick!

The Mercedes has an F-Duct system that is automatically triggered by DRS. Thats what the protests are about. Gives them an extra 10km/h in straight line speed.

How bloody rude of them rubber band cars, cutting the laps of real car racing down after an accident because the toys needed to qualify. :ha:

I was going to write something like

"you must have been watching a different broadcast to me. The broadcast i watched, the only race cut short was the novelty event before the feature event, you know the one... The one listed on the tickets that was broadcast around the world 'on time'."

But i really can't be bothered.

Back