fail yd25 help help help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did they know the injectors are bad? You can usually only tell when the injector is removed and tested. They should be able to tell you which one. It's not something I'm familiar with - I hope someone comes past who HAS done this before and offers some insight.

la verdad eso no los he cambiado pero quisiera saber como se pueban, o se limpian.

English:
the truth that I have not changed but I wonder as pueban, or cleaned.

truena mucho la inyeccion, y hay exeso de humo negro

English:
thunders much the injection, and no black smoke exes

Hi all I'm new here but looking for advise. I bought a 2007 d40 2.5 td 3months ago and was well aware the 120k due major service needed to be done. So I took it to local nissan dealer were they told me front crankshaft seal was leaking and needed to be replaced. So I went ahead with there advise, they didn't have seal in stock so just had major service done at $1200 and took navara back the following week for seal and they recommend belts so was $480. Mind u May old mans a diesel mechanic but in his sixties and don't want to pester him to fix my car. So a few days after seal repair I drove car and sounded rattley thinking was timing chains, so drove to dads to ask for his advice. On the way there car stalled and wouldn't run under 1500 or rev past 3000. Once pulled up in dad's drive way he herd car and said sounds like your timing out. We pulled of timing cover and seen vacum pump sprocket flogged out and thought chains streatched, so I bought an awesome double row timing kit of yd25. So once we got parts started to strip front of motor when when found out harmonic balancer bolt was loose. Then pulled of lower timing case cover and back of oil pump was scored. Realized no key way in for harmonic balancer, then when we started to set up TDC the timing gear was out. We pulled off timing gear from crank and it had snapped keyway and spun 3 teeth on crank. By this time we realized it was clear nissans faulty workmanship by not tighting up balancer bolt and no key way caused timing gear to move. I took photos of damage and have damaged keyway. I'm going back to nissan Monday to speak to manager but do anyone think I can make them reimburse me for parts? Lucky enough we still changed timing chains and car is running fine now and no other internal damage

Sorry to hear about the problems Inky, but I do wonder if that's iuseth's problem too, thanks heaps for posting about it.

I don't know if Nissan will reimburse you - it's entirely their ballpark, but I do hope they come to the party - it won't be Nissan's fault, it will be the service droid at the dealer - you might do well to put a complaint directly to Nissan, explaining (as you've done here) what happened, but also which dealer you dealt with and when etc.

Went into see nissan today and spoke to them about what had happend to my car. Told them all I would like to happen is to be reimbursed for cost of parts. The service manager accepted that there work by not fitting balancer propley has caused the damage, but he said nissan my not want to accept as I replaced with an after market upgrade. He did apologise and wasn't happy about what had happened, I left awaiting to here back, 30 mins later had a call and he said his manager accepted the damage, was by there shop and will reimburse me the $1600 I'm out of pocket. I'm happy with the outcome

It is a difficult problem to diagnose over the internet. Have you had your timing chain checked?

Es un problema difícil de diagnosticar a través de Internet. ¿Te habías comprobado su cadena de distribución?

it looks like iuseth has the non-common rail yd25 which Australia never had.
common cause of engine dieing like that is fuel starvation or air being sucked into fuel lines. most common place is the fuel filter and fuel primer.

put clear fuel hose on pump outlet and look for bubbles.

otherwise main suspect is the injector pump.

hay mucho humo negro, filtros cambiados, maguera de diesel directa a la bomba, bomba es de otro yd25 y ese estaba nitido, al cambiarla bomba el problema persistio es el mismo...

much black smoke, filters changed, maguera direct diesel pump, pump is another YD25 and that was crisp, to change the problem persisted pump is the same ...

black smoke= to much fuel or not enough air. What are your boost levels like?

Amazing, the EGR valve failed? Just blocking it should have fixed it. I thought if it was faulty it would create an error. Good to hear that it's solved, thank you for getting back to us and letting us know what it was.

Increíble, no pasó la válvula EGR? Sólo el bloqueo debería haber arreglado. Pensé que si era defectuosa crearía un error. Es bueno saber que está resuelto, gracias por volver a estar con nosotros y hacernos saber lo que era.

Latest posts

Back