engine rebuild

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lem

Reaction score
hey guys i've been thinking my navara is going to be ticking over the 200 000kms soon and got me thinking when's the appropriate kms for a rebuild? and what parts should i go OEM or aftermarket? also since i'll be ticking over the 200 000k mark what other major servicing should i get done?

Check out the how many kms on your nav thread.
I wouldn't be thinking about it for a long time.
Do a compresion test for piece of mind?

If the motor is still going well it could last you another 200k, Don't bother if it's still going strong.

alright sounds good, but the only problem is i wouldn't know cause this is my first navara only had it for a couple of weeks now not sure of it's peak potential but so far it seems fine, i cant ask mates cause there all into sports cars i'm the only one who's moved on

Check out the how many kms on your nav thread.
I wouldn't be thinking about it for a long time.
Do a compresion test for piece of mind?

yeah i was thinking of a compression test, i tried googling the numbers that my car should be hitting but i cant seem to find any. any reference?

yeah i was thinking of a compression test, i tried googling the numbers that my car should be hitting but i cant seem to find any. any reference?[/QUOTE]

apparently its

standard 427psi
minimun 356psi
diifferential between cylinders 43psi
at 200rpm
(unless im missing something)

Taken from service manual downloaded from here

yeah i was thinking of a compression test, i tried googling the numbers that my car should be hitting but i cant seem to find any. any reference?

apparently its

standard 427psi
minimun 356psi
diifferential between cylinders 43psi
at 200rpm
(unless im missing something)

Taken from service manual downloaded from here[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info :)

Mine is up to 260,000km's almost now. Still pulls like a 15 year old male.

Compression locked it up today by accident. Still got a tonne of compression, starts first time everytime.

What engine ?

its a 2005 ZD30 nah sounds good man i'll take the car for a compress sesh and if the numbers are good i wont have to worry until it drops

should be expecting a lot more than 200,000ks out of a diesel engine.
i hope i get a hell of a lot more than that out of mine.

i imagine a rebuild would be expensive .

Maybe get the turbo checked? seems to be the only thing that can easily kill one of these.

should be expecting a lot more than 200,000ks out of a diesel engine.
i hope i get a hell of a lot more than that out of mine.

i imagine a rebuild would be expensive .

yeah rebuilds would be expensive but just wanted to see if anyone had done a rebuild, i know the option of replacing the motor but there's no way of viewing the full history of the engine alone, or is there?

Maybe get the turbo checked? seems to be the only thing that can easily kill one of these.

if i were to get the turbo replaced should i go oem or aftermarket?

Latest posts

Back