Yd25 engine swap compatibility

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benlewis

Reaction score
Hey guys just need a bit of help with my yd25 navara. It's a 2006 d40 manual 4x4 that's in need of a new bottom end. It was originally bought not knowing it had a cracked head, bought a new head and went to install until I noticed one of the bores has a fair bit of pitting down the bottom I guessing waters been sitting in there a while. Anyway I've found a 2011 auto 4x2 for sale with low kms just missing some body parts relatively cheap and wondering if this engine will suit mine? I'm aware head will have to be changed out and turbo setup and maybe a few other bolt ons however I just want to make sure there's no differences between the actual blocks before I commit to buying? Anyone done a similar swap that knows if it's possible? Thanks

Should work, just make sure to swap fuel injectors in that match the ECU injector calibration data. They have to go back in the exact same spot! If not they need to be calibrated with a capable scanner. Do the duplex timing chain while it's out if you can.

A bit like what I'm going to do. Swap a YD25 2005 Euro3 with a YD25 2013 Euro 5 (NP300). I won't be changing the head... in fact besides the injectors (then again will try to run it with the newer ones) the entire engine is going in. Needs some work on head to fit the 2005 exhaust manifold (because turbo), rerouting of the GT2056V turbo cooling, a separate mcu to control the electronic intake shutoff valve, required EGR delete, engine mounts, one dowel relocation and one thread to fit the gearbox, rerouting the engine harness (glow plugs on on the left vs the right on the Euro3), rerouting the vaccum lines, and various little bits...

Latest posts

Back