YD25 D22 Suction Control Valve Removal!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trux

Reaction score
I have a 2011 D22 4x2 with the YD25 engine approaching 300,000 kms, showing all of the symptoms of the SCV and Pressure Relief Valves being on the way out. Managed the situation for a while by babying things to and from work, just being gentle and sensible. One of the offspring wants dear ol' dad to move a couple of tons of free bricks for them in the new year, so I thought it's about time to change these things over.
Looking at the various threads here, sounds like it's pretty straightforward, maybe too easy.
New SCV and PRV arrived, appropriate tools assembled, free time so off I go!
Well, no-one told me that my hands were way too big to fit in there, that there were 400 varying pipes and cables along with copious amounts of plumbing designed to be in the way, that there is no possibility of actually using an Allen Key even if you do accidentally manage to get the blessed things aligned, that my multi focal lenses don't really work when you have your head inverted into your armpit or that your neighbours visiting aunt has never heard "that" word before!
What took the guys on the videos 5 minutes to do took me 3 hours and all of the skin from the elbows to the finger tips! But it's done and tested and all is good!
Now I suppose that someone will tell that I should have gone in via the radiator cap, so much easier that way!
Hope you all have a great New Year!!

Radiator cap? Are you serious? We do everything through the wiper washer nozzles! You're using the wrong manual!

I agree the SCV is not easy to get to. Easier through the wheel arch (probably better to put the car on stands and remove the wheel) but with my hands the way they are, I just took it to a mechanic.

I knew it! Who'd a thunk it, going through the washer nozzles!
Nor did I think of going through the wheel arches! Thanks Old.Tony, for the tip. "If" I ever have the misfortune of having to redo the SCV, then I'll certainly give that route a go. A bit like you, by the sounds of it, my eating spanners just ain't what they used to be.

Latest posts

Back