EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider it done!!!! Only took 10 minutes and I can feel difference straight up, and I even opted to drive the nav around all night for night shift instead of the work ute so she got a workout, thanks for the info guys, this is a must do mod!!!

Yea had some 2mm stainless sheetmetal and got to it. All fixed. Turbo spools up quicker making hill starts easier tOo. Only took an hour and it was done. Cheers

G'day Tommo 77.
I put one on my 05 Spanish D40 after being advised by Paul who does the timing chains for YD25.com.
I was skeptical at first and after i put it in it increased in performance I never knew it was capable of.
I only put it in about 6 months ago.
Can't really tell you if it will cause any other problems though.(sorry to early to tell)
But the power it has now is great.

Just consider this - this info is buried deep in this thread too - by blocking the EGR, you are doing the same thing that the engine does at full throttle (it closes EGR valve at idle and at full throttle).

It means that even under the hardest driving, you're not significantly increasing the strain on the motor. You're really only affecting the efficiency of the mid-range, which is where you spend most of your time in acceleration and cruise.

Quick question everyone, I was driving on the highway and the pipe the erg is connected to blew, just wanting to block it off now as is buggerd, can I block both ends of the piping off and remove the pipe all together?
And the cooler hoses that run into it can they be just connected together and just run into it self?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 180
I've blocked both ends and removed the whole pipe on my ZD30, no problems. As long as RTA don't notice cause it is emmisons gear.

2012 (Dec) D40 ST model.....anyone had any issues only blanking the driver side of the EGR as opposed to blanking the passenger side or both sides??

Wondering if just blanking the drivers side would cause any build up in the EGR pipe and have a flow on effect to the turbo??

I think most just block the drivers side (cold side) Bluessy. I know that's the way mine has been for the better part of 5 years. Doing the hot side is not a problem, but not really necessary either, and added complexity of the temps involved on that side of the system.

Hi all,
My first post so please go easy on me if I sound stupid.
I have a Nissan navara 2011 - 3.0 V6
when I brought the car the engine management light was on which I thought was down to having a plug in chip connected, I disconnected this but found the light stayed on.
when reading the fault it came up with egr fault.
My car has been to a local garage to be reset and it stayed off for approx. 6/7 miles . . . I then took it to Nissan and it did the same, it appears the error comes back on when the car gets upto temperature.

So after researching im thinking maybe the previous owner had blocked off the egr?
but I cannot find out where you block in off on the v6?
could someone point me in the right direction so I can check before sending it back to Nissan for them to investigate further.

Thanks in advance
Adam

The EGR unit should be towards the back of the motor. A pipe comes off the back of the turbocharger's exhaust inlet just above where the two exhaust pipes meet. This pipe connects to an EGR cooler which connects to the EGR valve which then connects to a pipe attached to the inlet manifold. The blanking plate could be in any of these locations - I'd guess at the easiest to get to!

Usually when the CEL is triggered like this, it's because the EGR flow sensor isn't sensing anything. It's usually fixed by removing the plate, drilling a 4-6mm hole in the plate, and reinstalling it. This satisfies the sensor enough to prevent the CEL from coming on and still reduces the amount of fart your engine has to suck.

Just finished installing the blocking plate tonight, quick and easy mod...

Not bad for $20's.... :thrasher:

Latest posts

Back