Diesel Air Intake and EGR Cleaner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugammadex

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

NEW Product: No stockists in Australia, Any one used it?

Interested in a bulk order?

I have been on the hunt for some form of air inlet cleaner for a while.

Ive just done my EGR mod I was horrified to see the carbon/oil residue and build up inside the manifold (180K old ZD30). Ive also changed the air inlet hoses (CouplersWA.com.au silicone hoses 10$ each) and saw the oil build up sitting in the turbo and air manifold pipe from the blow by gasses (Provent 200 arrived today).

Nissan and all the auto shops i have been in say that it dosent exist for diesel engines (i have read about the subaru upper engine cleaner for petrol engines and not so sure i want to use it on my diesel.

it is quite possible THE SOLUTION IS HERE!!! maybe?!!:dancing:

http://www.jlmlubricants.com/images...page_EN/JLM_GB_Spraycan_Diesel_Air_Intake.pdf

Interested in your thoughts and comments, are any of you interested in a bulk order to save on shipping ??? 10.63 Euros per 500ml can + shipping

Let me know

:cheers!:
Will

Threebond has had a Diesel Carbon cleaner for years now. You can buy it at most bursons and repco shops.

Spraying it in like they say does diddly squat though (unless you do it from new about once a week). It needs a good amount of time to sit an penetrate the carbon/oil residue.
And even then at best would remove 10-20% of what most used cars have built up.

For example, as it can sometimes be hard to believe.

The photo below - The EGR buildup that I have dug out is ONLY from that one pipe pictured (should have seen the intake manifold :eek:)
100s 1HD-FTE Cruiser with 127,000k's on it.
Acid dipping the components in a decarboniser type of acid is THE only way to properly and totally remove this stuff. Even Castrol industrial parts wash doesnt put a dent in it.

IMAG0046.jpg

wynns make something called EGR3, its an intake cleaner for diesels. you can only buy it wholesale tho.
like northside said tho its only for cleaning a relatively clean intake, wont do much to the thick black shit unless u got in there n scrubbed it

Yes.
But the idea is that its not coming off in big chunks like you see in my photo's.

But rather breaking back down into the oil and carbon that it started out as and being pulled through the motor in very small pieces that are quite soft.

I did have one customer in a cruiser that had to be towed in after he cleaned the egr out himself at home.
One of the large chunks got wedged under a valve, luckily for him it wasnt open enough to touch the piston but it sounded pretty bad until we got in there and picked it all out.

Latest posts

Back