D40 Solid Axle Conversion build up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope it works out Igor. Would love to see your D40 ofroad after this SAS

Hope it works out Igor. Would love to see your D40 ofroad after this SAS

Hey mate,

I'm hanging for this one... Although I've been told there are new laws coming at the end of this month about vehicle mods. Might not be able to get it if they change the law and can't engineer. I'm hoping the Govt will get some sence between now and then. Although I fear that could be a long wait :).
If everything goes smooth, and the laws don't change, I've already told Sam at Overkill that I'm next for this. Lockers front and rear and 4.88 gearing and it'll be running 37's (Sweeeeet). I'll need to get my bodylift out though. Not a big deal.

Vanguard said:
Hey mate,

I'm hanging for this one... Although I've been told there are new laws coming at the end of this month about vehicle mods. Might not be able to get it if they change the law and can't engineer. I'm hoping the Govt will get some sence between now and then. Although I fear that could be a long wait :).
If everything goes smooth, and the laws don't change, I've already told Sam at Overkill that I'm next for this. Lockers front and rear and 4.88 gearing and it'll be running 37's (Sweeeeet). I'll need to get my bodylift out though. Not a big deal.

I hope so too mate. Keep us updated. Hope everything went well up at Stockton with the kid too.
I've left Sydney motor group Nissan. I moved over to kirawee now.

hi any more news on the sas? was thinking how hard would it be to swap the abs tone rings from the d40 to nissan patrol axles can they be removed i wonder if so the rest isn't that hard appart from moving the diff pumkin to the other side wich can be done the rest is mix and match from doner vehicles in the states they use a d21 steering box and shaft. I have converted two ifs hiluxs in the past but they didn't have abs' just a thought

have you seen any from the us that actually work, from the one i seen he couldnt use 4wd??

is abs the biggest issue with sas?

this post went cold a while ago, wouldnt mind knowing what the outcome was evan if it wasnt good.

Nav is finished!!!! Just fine tuning it i believe, currently getting wheel alighnment.

Stay tuned

Yeah come on, We dont care about the wheel alignment, just want to see the finished Truck!!!! If Vanguard gets his done, ill take my hat off. It will be the niceset ute ever!

Latest posts

Back