d40 doors locked engine running

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The d40 handbook section 3-2, say's "Do not leave the ignition key inside the vehicle when you leave the vehicle." No explanation why. The KIA work vehicle I use will automatically lock the doors after a while, even with the engine running. I do it regularly to warm it up, so put a window down. 2 bob is all I have.
P.S. I lied, A mister minute guy gave me a phone number for a locksmith he say's can do some electronic key's. Hav'nt called him at all. PM me if you want it.

Last edited:
Any locksmith can cut the actual key, as too how many can do the electronic bit's I think that would be up to the car. Some websites claim Nissan keys can be re-programmed by the owner if they know the correct sequence but I haven't seen anything definitive for Nav's which possibly means programming more than likely needs to be done by someone with the right computer coder.

It was Ford or Mitsu that someone claimed the ignition sequence of reprogramming works, but from what I've heard from people having it done Nissan actually reprogram it from the computer only. Seen none of it for myself though.

on the uk navara site theres a thread on repromaging keys it depends on yr and all sorts and you need to be in your vehicle so not much good for this poor bugger lol

Another question around the passenger side door, i have tried mine and it seems that it doesnt unlock anything. I am assuming the regular key i use to start the Nav should work?

i have tried turning the key both ways but to no avail.

Cheers

It will be the standard key, and it should work, I seem to remember mine being stiff the first time I tried it but it did work. Haven't tried it since so no idea if it still works. If yours is not working take it back to Nissan and ask them to fix it. If not under warranty pull the door skin and make sure everything is connected as it should be.

ive been shafted by the same thing, only in my R51 pathfinder. I was foaming when it happened, but luckily i was just out the front and the mrs got me the spare key

kinda paranoid when i go camping, or warm the car up

_put_window_down

the idea of a spare key is a good idea.. hidden..

Latest posts

Back