D40 Locking Itself

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys, my D40. 2014 Spanish has been locking all doors by itself. Left my keys in the ignition and had to get NRMA to open it.
Yesterday I was sitting in the car playing with my phone and the f….. did it again, keys in the ignition but not on.
Any ideas please.
Brett

Mine did the same thing last year. While it was sitting in the driveway with the engine running!

Cost me $300+ to get the local lockie with his tools.
He said a lot of cars do it randomly and they dunno why.
They get call outs for plenty of euro brands.
Apparently the old D40 is a much faster break-in than a fancy VW, BMW etc 😄

Looks like it's time for me to grab my spare key and keep it handy.

If the remote button doesn't work because the key's in the ignition, I can manually unlock the front passenger door with the key after removing the blanking plate.

Never had to do it yet, but of course now that I've said it's never happened, what's the bet it comes to plague me?

My 2007 STX will relock itself, if it has been unlocked but none of the doors have been opened. Has happened a number of times when leaving work, while approaching car unlock the vehicle, then get distracted talking to a colleague the car will relock.

2016 D23 does it to if you unlock the truck and don,t get into it , but will not allow you to lock your keys/fob if you get out leaving them inside and push the door button to close ..

My 2007 STX will relock itself, if it has been unlocked but none of the doors have been opened. Has happened a number of times when leaving work, while approaching car unlock the vehicle, then get distracted talking to a colleague the car will relock.

That's a safety feature actually described in the manual, so it's not a nifty mistake!

Latest posts

Back