D22 dump pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAY91

Reaction score
Hey guys
new to the forum this is my first topic
quick introduction
name is Jason refer to me as Jay/Jase please
Drive a 2011 Nissan navara d22
I have spot lights and bullbar
nothing too fancy.

I will get to my question
i want to get a dump pipe for the vara
i love hearing the turbo
but i want to keep my standard exhaust
Quietness

So will a after market dump pipe bolt up to my standard exhaust
if so can someone point me in the direction
btw id like to buy online as i want to install personally

thanks

G'day Jay and welcome to the forum.

I thought I'd read somewhere that someone took out the precleaner and could hear the turbo better? Or maybe it was the guy that ripped all of the stuff off and put a K&N pod filter on the turbo. Might be worth checking out!

welcome Jase.

my d22 has a 2.5" sports exhaust containing 1 muffler and a cat converter. its has a low diesel rumble on idle but quietens up through the rev range. to replace your stnadard dump pipe it will have to be made as a custom unit. as i had to do cause my exhaust was doen already off the back of the dump when i purchased it. any exhaust mob should be able to do it but make sure you do you study first. some of the 2.75" and 3" systems are just as quiet. its the muffler that stops the noise. 2.5" systems are cheaper to purchase. ring around and find the best price. most exhaust mobs will just buy a premade dump pipe and make a joiner between the back of dump onto your existing system which is probably what you are after.

goodluck

rusty

Thanks for the welcome Tony

So the guy just took the standard airfilter out and just put a k&n in? if so that easy and straight forward haha

or am i getting the wrong idea
Anywhere on the forum where i can find something on getting.more turbo noise

I thought I'd read somewhere that someone took out the precleaner and could hear the turbo better? Or maybe it was the guy that ripped all of the stuff off and put a K&N pod filter on the turbo. Might be worth checking out!

forgot to add in my last post. Tony the 2.5L d22 dont have a precleaner. its straight off snorkel into filter box.

rusty

jay

i have a k&n filter in mine. yes it added more airflow and opens the car up a bit for more right pedal, but didnt bring alot more turbo noise. i noticed a slight increase and also a small blow off sound.

rusty

Ill give the k&n filter a go
Hopefuly it will satisfy me haha

thanks for your help rusty

Jay

jay

i have a k&n filter in mine. yes it added more airflow and opens the car up a bit for more right pedal, but didnt bring alot more turbo noise. i noticed a slight increase and also a small blow off sound.

rusty

I've never thought of a k&n filter. I always replace mine with just crappy paper filters. Might have to get me one

You'll notice I wrote 'pod filter' not just K&N ... I recall seeing a photo of the pod sitting over the turbo intake.

I also recall that there were issues with contamination in that motor, probably because the K&N pod filter doesn't do as good a job of filtering everything out.

As for the precleaner ... well it might have been a 3.0L - who knows, it's my brain and it's jumbled things up in its own fashion. Don't ask ME how it works, I just type the shit out when it gets thunked up.

i just got this in the mail.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 172
My K&N is sitting in the shed at the moment as it clogs up quickly with basically mud when the dust hits the oil in the filter it bogs up real quick. I may chuck it back in during winter but in summer they are crap if you do any 4x4ing.

Hi Jay,
I replaced my exhaust with a full 3 inch system from Hurricane (dump, hi flow cat and muffler). Heaps more turbo whistle is noticable but sounds factory other than that.

Hi Jay,
I replaced my exhaust with a full 3 inch system from Hurricane (dump, hi flow cat and muffler). Heaps more turbo whistle is noticable but sounds factory other than that.

I want to change it but i just spent 33,000 on buying the car
and can't justify changing the exhaust already
and yes i know Im looking at making more turbo noise but cheapest option would be recommended

how much did your 3" set ya back
Im thinking maybe i should just leave it cause its going to cost me to much for everything
even wanting to put the sunraysia wheels on it as i reckon standard are ugly
but yet again can't justify changing the wheels as i spent so much on buying the car
Hahaha
in a pickle i reckon

Full system was less than $1400 including installation (about $350 I think). These cars take time to build the way you want them so take your time and make a plan of what you want and save your dollars. Even as stock vehicles these Navs are good bits of gear and will go a lot of places if driven the right way!

Ebay, seller called "the exhaust shop" based in frankston. 2.5" dump and hi-flo cat. $300. I dont know much about it, was hoping for some feedback off some members on here. It looks good, will see how it fits tomorrow.

I thought about one of those too but I found an exhaust fitter to do a custom hi flow 3" dump pipe for almost the same price including install. I'm glad I did too because the studs on the back of the turbo had to be cut and removed to get the old dump pipe off.

Good luck rabbit! Throw up some pics when you're done :)

Ebay, seller called "the exhaust shop" based in frankston. 2.5" dump and hi-flo cat. $300. I dont know much about it, was hoping for some feedback off some members on here. It looks good, will see how it fits tomorrow.

Rabbit could you throw up a link please

also a video on how it sounds would be awesome

Jay

Sorry dont know how to post link, just search ebay for zd30 d22 dump pipe, it should come up. As to the note, i already run a redback 2.5" exhaust, it has a subtle but authorative note at low revs, but above 7-8 psi it sounds pretty much stock, but maybe a bit more crisp. I'm hoping the dump pipe will further increase turbo spool-up at low revs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back