D22 4th gear jerking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 12270

Reaction score
Did a bit of a search and thinking possibly throttle or neutral switch but not sure.

When in fourth gear the 2005 D22 ZD30 has somewhat of a jerking feeling, once in fifth it's fine again, only does it in fifth.

Also, every now and then when I push the clutch in when cruise control is engaged the engine will rev to 5k then back to normal...not sure if the two would have the same cause.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 4th gear thing sounds like a faulty nps. The best way to check is to unplug it. If it fixes it just leave it unplugged, unless you need the heat switch.

There's a switch on the clutch pedal that should drop cruise control out as soon as you push it. It might need adjusting or be on the way out. Mine clagged it long ago but I haven't got around to changing it. Just got to remember to disengage it or at least tap the break pedal before I push the clutch or it revs like a mofo lol.

The 4th gear thing sounds like a faulty nps. The best way to check is to unplug it. If it fixes it just leave it unplugged, unless you need the heat switch.

There's a switch on the clutch pedal that should drop cruise control out as soon as you push it. It might need adjusting or be on the way out. Mine clagged it long ago but I haven't got around to changing it. Just got to remember to disengage it or at least tap the break pedal before I push the clutch or it revs like a mofo lol.

Thanks mate, unplugged the neutral position switch and it's fixed, got more power now 🙂

Latest posts

Back