Np300 Navara D23 - CC, BRAKE, RPM, GEAR LEVER issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivasjm

Reaction score
I hope someone can put me in the right path, since a month ago I'm having several problems with my Nissan Navara np300 D23, it has 48000km, manual transmission. I'll try to summarize the issues I'm having in the order they appeared:

1) After driving for about 30 minutes or so it is hard to push the gear lever to engage the reverse, I need to push hard and it doesn't come up, the same to pull it, it doesn't happen automatically. I remove the gear lever and looks like the bush in the bottom get expanded due to the transmission temperature, if I cool it in the freeze everything get back to normal, if I heat it I have the problem again. My guess here is that the transmission is working at high temperature, I checked the transmission oil level and is ok

2) For some reason when I try to stress the engine in any gear around 3500RPM/37000RPMs the RPM drops automatically, I cannot reach 4000RPM. My guess is the ECU is cutting out to protect the engine but I don't know why, maybe the ECU is compensating for a sudden drop in pressure? when the rpm drops the truck has no power I need to release the gas pedal and push it again to accelerate again, If I keep my feet in the pedal in the bottom the RPM keeps dropping

3) The Cruise control set is not working, I checked the NPS and switches in the brake and clutch pedal and they are ok. I tried in 4th, 5th and 6th gear over 80km/h

4) Since a couple of days (after reviewing the switches) I experience (randomly) a weird issue, while driving the brake pedal got hard, I was able to stop by pressing hard the brake, the slip light turn on (not the check engine) then I turned off/on the engine and the brake pedal get soft again. Since then I used the truck a couple of days without issues, till today, the same situation, I was in the highway and I had to drove 2km before stop to stop/start the engine. Before stopping the engine I took a look to check if I had any leak or anything, the only thing I felt is like a burn smell. It is important to remark that at the moment the brake pedal get hardt he fuel consumption rise to the clouds and the truck feels like braking, like if the brake or something is breaking the engine I guess that is way the fuel consumption rises. Maybe a loss of vacum? but I don't know why it get fixed by restarting the engine

my guesses:

I think I might have a depresor issue that can answer the RPM drops (issue 2) and the brake issues (4)? Also if I have a brake issue that also might be the reason of the CC SET problems. But I cannot explain why the gear lever get hard to push/pull my guess is the transmission is working at an abnormal high temperature, maybe connected with the brake problems.

I hope someone can help on connecting the dots. I have a date with Nissan for next Friday, but I don't trust on them

The symptoms could be explained by a bad ABS sensor (or dirty ABS ring). ABS system thinks the wheel is spinning so it applies the brakes on that wheel, slowing the vehicle, increasing fuel consumption, causing the burning smell.

Check those and make sure they're clean and functioning. If you can turn off the traction control you might see the symptoms go away (not sure on that but it's a press of a button and costs you nothing to do).

Back