Changing the appearance of concrete

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostin_7

Reaction score
Hey guys,
In the next few months I'm going to enclose my outdoor veranda as an entertainment/outdoor kitchen area.
Im looking for ways to make the concrete flooring look nicer than the faded black colour it was poured as.
I guess the obvious option is to paver paint the whole area.
But i was wondering if anyone here has done (or seen) anything else done which looks more like an indoor flooring option, but is easier to clean than tiles/grout ect & abviously less expensive than tiling.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Greg

We have a similar issue here that we need to address.

Cheap solution:
Gerni it and forget it.

Middle Of The Road:
Acid wash, then concrete putty to fill in cracks, then Berger Jet Dry driveway paint

Getting expensive:
Coloured stamped concrete. You can get it with textures like slate now.

All the way:
Terracotta tiling and cement for grout.

Another option may be to use one of those garage flooring kits you can get from bunnings. Clean and apply the epoxy coating for a gloss finish in an arrange of colours.

You could get it ground back to a smooth finish and polished, its all the go now days.

You can also get "spray crete" which can be done in all sorts of finishes from stencil pattern to checkers and heaps in between, and its meant to be more durable and and hold the colour allot better then doing it when its pored with pigments and sealer.

wow thanks for all the replies, seems as thought there's heaps more options than i realised

You could get it ground back to a smooth finish and polished, its all the go now days.

You can also get "spray crete" which can be done in all sorts of finishes from stencil pattern to checkers and heaps in between, and its meant to be more durable and and hold the colour allot better then doing it when its pored with pigments and sealer.

We had the spray crete done to the plain concrete outdoor pergola area at our old house, bloody fantastic, not exactly cheap but an excellent solution. I think it looked better than the proper stencil concrete driveway we had done.

just remember the resin and polished options can be very slippery if wet or not sealed with a non slip product added to the sealer. The spray on texture coat option is extremly durable only a couple of mm thick and lasts for ever if done right and looked after. The optioons for spray on are endless. Can do any size tile patern or crazy paver patterns bush rock styles only limited by imagination...

Latest posts

Back