Cant decide which chip ! :(

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chiptuning (chipit) are still selling dominator chips.could be worth a phonecall.now on the website the dominator 1 chip doesnt list injector changes but thats how they use to do it...along with rail pressure and boost..with my chipit if left on a moderate setting the max fuel rail pressure isnt raised...it more alters it for a particular rev range...well upps it over the rev range but not just a blanket approch its tailored to suit the parts of the standard tune that lack fuel...whole diffrent ball game with the higher tunes.these will require a pressure releif valve plug or a modification to the valve (shimming to increase the releif point) this is what i have done..i do know of people that have shimmed the pressure releif valve with DP chips and alike.most of my troubles with the releif valve have been low revs and sinking the boot..the valves max pressure setting is very vauge due to its construction...as some people have problems and some do not

Just looking at the RedDirtDiesel site and doing some other searches about their product ... I think I'd stay away from them.

The chip looks like a rail pressure modifier. Despite their claims, in order to modify the rail pressure you will need to exceed the manufacturer's limits (unavoidable) and that's not only dangerous, it should void a vehicle's warranty. Unfortunately (for RedDirtDiesel) there are also claims on the internet that they are not as genuine as you would expect. This page, for instance, argues that they are being quite deceptive.

You know what they say about where there's smoke ... apparently RedDirtDiesel lost a court case between them and DPChip/Berrima Diesel. The whole situation made both companies look really bad - this raises the very real issue for you (as a consumer) that at any moment, the company could go belly-up and all support/warranty for the product is lost.

Still thinking Unichip is top of the list, with Steinbauer second.

Sadly very few can correctly tune a Unichip to maximise it's unique ability over the simple plug n play chips on the market.

Unichip can adjust everything, timing, injector duration and rail pressure. It can even control boost if you have an electronically controlled turbo. I've been playing with mine for the last few months and have found that 5 degrees of timing advancement is about spot on for optimum power and torque. This combined with a slight increase in rail pressure and injector duration has given me huge gains in power

Thanks for the great input..
Like i said, the steinbauer and uni chip are pretty pricey. Been quoted a whopping 2400 bucks to have a unichip installed and tuned in sydney. Very exxie.
might have to give chip tuning a ring.. pretty sure they have taken over ChipIt.
a mate has a hilux d4d and he got a chipit package and swears by it.

Profit before performance most resellers are now slowly working back into a fragile market. And the gullible take the bait, nothing will deliver like a well organized tuner that understands the customers needs and delivers accordingly. Some of the information shared in the last 24hrs is so grossly inaccurate it will make the choice harder. Those who post with absolutely no real life experience apart from that they pursue on the net confuses the prospective buyer further.

Profit before performance most resellers are now slowly working back into a fragile market. And the gullible take the bait, nothing will deliver like a well organized tuner that understands the customers needs and delivers accordingly. Some of the information shared in the last 24hrs is so grossly inaccurate it will make the choice harder. Those who post with absolutely no real life experience apart from that they pursue on the net confuses the prospective buyer further.
Anything in particular?

I just bought a unused chipit dominator MK1 kit with boost controller and EGT off a bloke for $500 and am going to pick it up in the morning. Did you get yours tuned on the dyno camo.b or just run off chip settings. It's going on a 2012 D22 with 3" exhaust i will do the EGR mod too when i fit it. Anything else i should know about?

^^^Its a late model one too.with usb stick.good score and good price.if the usb stick is dead (like mine was)let me know as i have all the tunes and software stashed in my dropbox.

Almost every chip on the market is a fuel rail chip. They are all as bad as one another. Whoever markets their product as giving the "best" gains for the least amount of $$$ seems to be making the money

Back