Alternator problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo_d40_05

Reaction score
Hey you blokes my wife got me a second had alternator today and it's of a yd25 diesel with vin no. MNT....it's only a 100amp
My old one is a yd25 diesel with vin VSK.....130amp
Does anyone one believe I shouldn't put it in and why??
What can happen if I use it?
The bolt pattern is the same but the numbers are different.
Would greatly appreciate good advice

might be a d22 one.
i would have to check but i think the injectors require a really good power supply.

Oh, ok. Be good if ya could mate cause I gotta get this thing outta the garage either with the new one in or the old.
No pressure though!
Cheers bloke

I didn't know the Thais (MNT) skimped on the alternators too.

If you're not putting a huge number of lights on it and not running lots of power to the rear (or to the trailer) then there's not much wrong with the 100A unit, as long as it fits physically and electrically.

You could probably adapt the electricals. Regulators are built in, so that part of it is just managing the connection to the car.

Physically mounting it might be an issue. If I recall correctly, there's a 120A Patrol alternator that fits the D22 quite nicely.

Thanks tony.
I actually stayed the old one well and truly until it was dripping off it with a can of electrical contact cleaner, put it back in ands it's been good as gold for the last couple of days. It had a bit of crap from belt spray in it I reckon and didn't like it.
The battery light is staying off so I took the 100a alt back for full refund.
At least I learnt something new today.

Oh yeah I forgot, if anyone else ever has a similar problem and you do need another alternator, the 100a one will fit nicely (physically) and all electrical connections are identical to the 130a one.
It's just not as long and is about 1.5kgs lighter than the 130a alt.

Latest posts

Back