Adding 2-Stroke oil to Diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2T certainly can fix rotten fuel said:
NO, 2t cannot fix up rotten mixed up, contaminated fuel....

it may add some extra lube to so called lo lube diesel, but it certainly cant make water in to diesel.

speaking of that. i've have not seen anyone say its caused a problem. a few said it made no difference. i have not been able to find what was different with their engines. tho most where older engines.

but there has been plenty on here boast

"engine now is quieter than a petrol engine"

"I can really feel the extra HP"

"Fuel economy is so much better"

etc,etc,etc

as for doing long term damage or not,
who on here has long term R&D like a manufacturer would to prove it is worth it

tweak'e;150830 edit: to add i think it was a hilux forum somewhere where they where regularly changing injectors. with 2T they had no injectors problems.[/QUOTE said:
/But no one here has been regularly changing their injectors...

but then as Northside has commented on here before, 'this forum/members are but just the dregs at the bottom of the barrel in the scheme of it"

/could that be an inherant fault in yota injectors and not that of anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you give us any solid proof that it does anything

Well I think the overwhelming positive feedback of those in this thread that have tried it is proof enough.

And there is more positive feedback on the same topic in 3 other forums that I have read.

Well I think the overwhelming positive feedback of those in this thread that have tried it is proof enough.

And there is more positive feedback on the same topic in 3 other forums that I have read.

well, thats your educated opinion I spose,
allthough as you have asked of me, where is your own proof

well, thats your educated opinion I spose,
allthough as you have asked of me, where is your own proof

I have a bit of background with diesel, the mechanics of it make sense.

Wanna show me where I asked you (or anyone for that matter) for proof that it doesn't work? It would be a little difficult considering you haven't even tried it.

but there has been plenty on here boast

"engine now is quieter than a petrol engine"

"I can really feel the extra HP"

"Fuel economy is so much better"

Can you show me where people are saying this in this thread?

I think most are saying that their engines are quieter, especially on (cold) start up?

Can you show me where people are saying this in this thread?

I think most are saying that their engines are quieter, especially on (cold) start up?

well spend the time to go over the whole thread and you will find,
unless of course there has been post deletions.

I have a bit of background with diesel, the mechanics of it make sense.

Wanna show me where I asked you (or anyone for that matter) for proof that it doesn't work? It would be a little difficult considering you haven't even tried it.

"Have any of the naysayers in this thread actually tried it and seen negative effects? "

right there Jason.

"Have any of the naysayers in this thread actually tried it and seen negative effects? "

right there Jason.

C'mon, that's hardly asking for proof. "Seen negative effects" isn't quite the same as asking people for years of R&D with lab results.

Like:

I just did and I couldn't find them.

There hasn't.

ok then your positively right and I'm wrong:confused2:

may as well wipe the whole thread and just write

"praise the lord, I've seen the light" 2T is the answer

Attachments

• I'm from the internet.jpg
    I'm from the internet.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 43
Why would price be an issue........
the higher the price the less people tend to use. there is always a market for cheaper fuel.

can you give us any solid proof that it does anything
the USA lube study for one.

NO, 2t cannot fix up rotten mixed up, contaminated fuel....

it may add some extra lube to so called lo lube diesel, but it certainly cant make water in to diesel.

true, but it can make the fuel system survive the rotten fuel. the extra lube to counter act the increase in wear and the anti-corrosion additives in 2T help counter the corrosion.

couple of big truck manufactures still inject oil into the diesel. i have no doubt they have done plenty of R&D on it and its been in use for, i guess, 20-30 years.

/But no one here has been regularly changing their injectors...
plenty on other forums in OZ. not everyone is going to complain on forums.
could that be an inherent fault in yota injectors and not that of anything else.
while possible, i doubt it as there is only a few manufactures of injection systems. if it was an injector problem then many different manufactures and models would be affected.
its more likely their local fuel is crap.

the higher the price the less people tend to use. there is always a market for cheaper fuel.

Just like there is always a market for more expensive fuel especially those fuels they can convince people do wonders for anything from the environment to the wallet.

One of the claims often made by these oil adders is that economy is improved, how hard would it be for fuel companies to sucker people in to buying a dearer product for possible economy gains...works with higher octane fuels already.

More expensive products being unsaleable is a flawed statement.

again it comes down to it happens to people on all the other forums but not here.

anyway, I'm not the only antichrist...

I'll plead refer to post No 314

Improving fuel economy is a tactic they use I think because people get *perceived* quick results, ie to the hip pocket.

But releasing a product that claims improved lubricity that reduces engine wear, noise and increases engine life would be harder to sell because most punters just wouldn't care. Maybe the "I'm only keeping it for 3 or 5 years" or just because it's not an immediate gain?

I think the Government would stand to lose out if the oil companies started offering a fuel product that reduced engine wear, noise and increased life. They would be basically admitting that the fuel specs/standards they introduced are below par. This stuff is better for the environment but your engine will die quicker, not exactly an election winner, not that many votes would be lost? Not sure.

Improving fuel economy is a tactic they use I think because people get *perceived* quick results, ie to the hip pocket.

But releasing a product that claims improved lubricity that reduces engine wear and increases engine life would be harder to sell because most punters just wouldn't care. Maybe the "I'm only keeping it for 3 or 5 years" or just because it's not an immediate gain?

I think the Government would stand to lose out if the oil companies started offering a fuel product that reduced engine wear and increased life. They would be basically admitting that the fuel specs/standards they introduced are below par. This stuff is better for the environment but your engine will die quicker, not exactly an election winner, not that many votes would be lost? Not sure.

but wouldnt they win with the claim...

"never ever be stranded down the road ever again due to dodgy fuel, our new blend 2TD guarantees cleanest highest quality diesel for your engine"

QUOTE.....if the oil companies started offering a fuel product that reduced engine wear and increased life. They would be basically admitting that the fuel specs/standards they introduced are below par. ..QUOTE

oil Co's do this allready, just have a look at the different qualities of engine oill they will offer for just one engine...you can use our low quality oil but youll get much better wear, longevity, economy, bla bla bla if you use our premium oil, and guess what..they sell the premium product!

but wouldnt they win with the claim...

"never ever be stranded down the road ever again due to dodgy fuel, our new blend 2TD guarantees cleanest highest quality diesel for your engine"

That's the "2T can help your engine overcome dodgy fuel" line of thinking. I don't think the Government can force fuel companies to add stuff to their fuel, they can certainly make them take stuff out!

you can use our low quality oil but youll get much better wear, longevity, economy, bla bla bla if you use our premium oil, and guess what..they sell the premium product!

Yep, no arguement that they would sell it, just saying that the Government would stand to lose if they were forced to admit that the standards are below par for engine life.

Latest posts

Back