265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reading through this thread I noticed c**per tyres warranty has been mentioned
I have had 1st hand experience with claiming a wty from c**pers
keep in mind guys this is a PRO RATA warranty
what this means is (and they WONT tell you unless you ask)
if your tyre fails due to manufacture fault b4 80k they will replace on a pro rata basis

Apologies forgot to mention this

And you are right, in most cases warranty has wiggle room in it for the supplier rather than the consumer.

Hi all I put 265/75/16 big horns on my 2003 nav & nearly ripped the bull bar off & took chunks out of the tyres when I hit a lo dipped rail way crossing. I got torsion bars wound all the way up & they still hit I had to go back & get 245s don't no if any one else had this problem but I thought I would just mention it.

Brad,
Did you have a suspension lift your rig when you put on the bighorns. I'm planning on putting some bighorns on mine and trying to decide between 265 75 16 and 235 85 16...

OK I've had my Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's fitted (265/75/R16) to my 2011 D22.
They rub a bit on the front left side only, looks like more excellent quality control from Nissan. Anyone else experience rubbing only on one side ?
I cut the mudflap like others which helps, but when mounting a kerb and turning it still rubs.
I have a factory steel bar so am thinking the suspension may be sagging a bit. Is adjusting the torsion bars something I can do myself ? any links to instructions ?
Also, the tyre shop put in about 48 PSI, seems a bit high to me. What should they be at ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'd like to share my experience of fitting 32" wheels to my stock D22.

These are the mods I did to fit 32x11.5R15 tires on 15x8 -22 ROH steelies:
-Torsion crank up front (approx 2" inch lift)
-5" rear shackles (approx 2.5" inch lift)
-Inner wheel well trimming at the rear side of the front tires and molding of the plastic bumper for the front

Result: Virtually no rub except when there is flex. Will still add a 2" body lift as soon as I get my kit.

Lessons learned:
- Tires larger than 31" for the D22 will require trimming minor or otherwise.
- You will definitely need a lift of some sort (BL or SL)
- Negative offset is your enemy (though mine is -22 approx 3.75" of backspacing)
- You do not necessarily need to re-gear if you're fitting 32 or 33" tires but it will throw your speedo off a bit

Before:
mzvh.jpg

After:
pout.jpg

9l1v.jpg

This is what i'm planning to do with my D22 2012 however don't want to do any lifting or any extra work like cutting or something. So i'm planning to get a 31/10.5 R15 and a ROH black trak wheel R15x8. Is this achievable without any problem? i only use 10% of 4x4 that's why i would go to 5050 tyre BFG A/T i'm looking at. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

As i don't want to do any lifting, torsion or cutting, on my 2012 D22, i'm planning of changing the wheel into R15x8 ROH Black trak, and going to BFG all terrain 31x10.5 R15. I only do 10% 4x4 driving. Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.

To get 15's on there you'd most likely need a negative offset wheel to clear the calipers which means they'll stick out more, so without a lift or cutting/massaging it'll scrub like a bastard.

To get 15's on there you'd most likely need a negative offset wheel to clear the calipers which means they'll stick out more, so without a lift or cutting/massaging it'll scrub like a bastard.

Cheers Fourocker!!! So it's not the go then... Will be R16 will look alright then you reckon? The reason i want R15 to make the tyre more chunky. Does anyone got a pix of ROH black trak R16 on All terrain tyres on it? Posting it would much appreciated.

2014 d22

Got my 14 Mexican made D22 DC 4x4.I put 16in rims 0 back space (4in IN and 4in Out) Toyo AT265/75/R16 tires.They fit on rear,but not the front(truck is stock,no lift) I removed mud flaps,cut bottom of corner of bumper cover.Moved bumper cover stay ahead 1 1/2 in.Also in back of mud flap had to bend body seam back flat.Cut bottom of front fender 2in up from bottom.It looks stock except for no mud flap,I will buy a flat one and try to fit it.

Alrighty Fella's...... Looking at 265/75/16's for my Nav. There seems to be lots of variations between years so this post is dedicated to the 2002 model navi's.

2002 dual cab str. Its stock at the moment, i have ordered a tough dog 2'' lift. Wont be looking at rubber until lift is in. I dont really wanna cut, trim, chop or hammer anything. Not sure if ill stick with the stock rims or get some steelies at 16x7 at +30 or +20? 16x8 will probably make it harder to fit the tires?

thoughts? cheers

I have a 2006 d22 with a 2inch lift and extended shackles. Iv trimmed the front mud flaps, i only get slight rubbing when front is flexed and while turning. Not a big deal hasnt ruined my tyres. I dont think iv seen any others have problems in the rear but under full flex the wheel up in the guards touches the guards, almost touches the side step!!

I need tyres 265/70 and my new car has a small lift 2006 d22 mudgards will iget the 75 on there

With factory mags it shouldn't be problem, especially if you have any sort of lift. The dramas stem from rims with a different offset to standard. I'm running 265/75/16 with about 40mm of lift and factory mags

hello to all looking for some advice,i just installed the calmini ucas and added an extra spring in leaf pack,all good so far,however i want to get a set of rims other then the standard,i have on 265/75r16 hankook mud tires,i dont want to cut or bashed anything,just put on the new set of rims and drive,looking to just have the tire sit in line with the fender of the ute nothing more,can anyone offer the advice,thanks

Hello guys...I bought a d22 2003 model today...I dont want any lifting procces...but i want to buy 265/75/16r tyres...Can i use them without problem??if i want to buy new rims,which offset number must i buy?

And if 265/75/16r tyres problem with stock, non lifted car what is by biggest choice without problem?? 70?60?

Thanks for advices...

Hello guys...I bought a d22 2003 model today...I dont want any lifting procces...but i want to buy 265/75/16r tyres...Can i use them without problem??if i want to buy new rims,which offset number must i buy?

And if 265/75/16r tyres problem with stock, non lifted car what is by biggest choice without problem?? 70?60?

Thanks for advices...

265/75/r16 will fit. Mine did, just had to trim the protruding plastic off the front mud flaps on inside of wheel arch and fit fine. Or you could remove those mud flaps.

you not going to gain hardly anymore lift by running a 75 profile tire as opposed to the stock 70 profile are you ?
About an inch over a 265/75. But from memory the 03's had 255/70 standard fitment, so if that's what's fitted to it now he will get a but more...

Latest posts

Back