265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at getting BFG's AT KO's or whatever they are. 260/corner from tempetyres.

Duellers are 250/corner for the same size, but I've been told they're no good on sand.

Not good on sand how?

And have you considered maxxis?

Just a mate told me he's seen a few friends with Duellers struggle a bit on sand. May be due to incorrect tyre pressures or whatever, but either way.

I'd pretty much narrowed it down to the BFG's or the Bridgestone, I was initially going to get Mickeys but couldn't justify 350 per tyre. Hadn't looked at the Maxxis no, are they okay? Biggest thing for me was road noise as they'll be on the road 95% of the time

My previous ones were maxxis, got kumho at the moment but when these die I'll be going back to maxxis.

Anyone know an authorised Cooper dealer in northern suburbs of Melbourne. I'm in South Morang and the local blokes say "yeah I could get Coopers in if thats what you want", but I'm guessing they aren't "authorised" which may lead to warranty issues if they arise.

At a decent price?

Cheers in advance

Last edited:
Just a mate told me he's seen a few friends with Duellers struggle a bit on sand. May be due to incorrect tyre pressures or whatever, but either way.

I'd pretty much narrowed it down to the BFG's or the Bridgestone, I was initially going to get Mickeys but couldn't justify 350 per tyre. Hadn't looked at the Maxxis no, are they okay? Biggest thing for me was road noise as they'll be on the road 95% of the time

I have dueller 697's and they hammer on the sand. Drop them to 18psi and will go well in the really soft stuff. Much better than the BFG's that were on the Nav before

Look at my pics then and they are only 245's and they just scrape, like i said no way will 265's fit without getting some panel work done. Just looked at my tyre placard in the glovebox and it says 255/70/16 so maybe the 02 and 03 navara is different to 04 upwards model?

I had a look at my tyre placard and it says 255 also. however, i am running 265 70 16 at the moment and have since i got it and have no issues with scrubbung. i now have a 2" lift and honestly recon 265 75 16 would fit fine. not sure why you would be having trouble.

Finally in getting new wheels/tyres today. Mate just rang me and said that the 265/75's don't fit. Probably about an inch of the metal would have to get hacked out.

Dropped back to 265/70.

Guys i have 235/70/16 on stock str rims (came with the ute). The spare is a 255/70/16. Im guessing the stock size is 255/70?
Ute is stock at the moment, but by the time i need new rubber, i will have a 2 inch lift from zordo in. Can i go 265/70 without trimming etc? Would rather go smaller size than trim anythying. I mean is the stock size is 255/70, 265/70 should fit after a 2 inch lift?

Tim I've just put 265/70/R16 on my 2003 d22. Standard size then was 255, but I think it went up to 265 soon after. The 265 fits without any mods at all.

Tim I've just put 265/70/R16 on my 2003 d22. Standard size then was 255, but I think it went up to 265 soon after. The 265 fits without any mods at all.

oh awesome, thanks mate. Questions though, if i have 265/70 on and my spare is a 255/70, i cant use the spare can i?, being different sizes. bugger the diff or something yeah?

I'm looking for new tyres at the moment, for my 2011 stock D22.
I was looking at Maxxis Bighorns but the tyre shop priced the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 at about the same price so am looking at those now as he reckons they're the 'Rolls Royce' of tyres.
Anyone using them ? Do they rub ?
Also do you agree they are one of the best tyres to get ? Looking at 265/75/R16.

Thanks !

I'm looking for new tyres at the moment, for my 2011 stock D22.
I was looking at Maxxis Bighorns but the tyre shop priced the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 at about the same price so am looking at those now as he reckons they're the 'Rolls Royce' of tyres.
Anyone using them ? Do they rub ?
Also do you agree they are one of the best tyres to get ? Looking at 265/75/R16.

Thanks !

If your tyre shop quoted Maxxis Bighorns at the same price as MT ATZ P3s, run and go somewhere else! The place I got my tyres from quoted me on MT ATZ P3s and Cooper ST Maxx, with Maxxis Bighorn 764s (the newer construction type) as the most decent budget option at a bit over $100 less per corner than the premium tyres.

Cooper and Mickey Thompson come out of the same facory. MT ATZ P3s and Cooper ST Maxx are comparable in many ways, including price. The deciding factor for me was the 80000km warranty on the Coopers. Picked up the 265/75 R16s. Quite happy with them, quiet on road which I didn't expect. My D22 is at stock height, had to trim the chunky bit on the inside of the front mudflaps as found they were rubbing slightly at full lock. Notice a slight loss in "power" (for lack of better term) for the extra effort turning the bigger rubber and speedo is out 5km/h show showing slower than actual speed (speedo at 100km/h = actually doing 105km/h).

Had the earlier contruction (762 i think) Maxxis Bighorns in 35" on my Patrol, good in mud and off road, noisy but not bad on road, terrible in the wet on road! Noisy as all hell.

Bighorn 764 is meant to be improved on the older 762 construction, but is a mud terrain tyre. Cooper ST Maxx have replaced the older STs and, after having STs before, are a massive improvement all round. Didn't hear anything bad about the MT ATZs, just didn't hsve the warranty of the Coopers, both are ATs, can't remember the MT ATZs are or not but the ST Maxx are a 50% off road and 50% on road tyre. A few guys I've spoken to on and off the forum also recommended the BF Goodrich ATs. The tyre shop guys told me the Coopers and Mickey Thompsons are your top shelf tyres and are much of a muchness. In the end it's what you want and what you want to pay for.

Sorry for the massive reply, just wanted to give as much advice as I could help out with!

thanks for the info, the guy at the shop was surprised too, so he rang the wholesaler who confirmed, the MT ATZ P3 at $389 fitted and balanced, the Maxxis 764 Bighorn at $367.
is one of those prices way out with what you'd expect ? should I ask for discount ?
Forgot to mention, probably like most people, driving is 99% on road, but I like a bit of extra traction off road, plus I like a tyre that looks tough !

thanks for the info, the guy at the shop was surprised too, so he rang the wholesaler who confirmed, the MT ATZ P3 at $389 fitted and balanced, the Maxxis 764 Bighorn at $367.
is one of those prices way out with what you'd expect ? should I ask for discount ?
Forgot to mention, probably like most people, driving is 99% on road, but I like a bit of extra traction off road, plus I like a tyre that looks tough !

I got quoted $370 a corner for both MT ATZ P3 and Cooper ST Maxx and the Bighorn 764 were $275 a corner at my local, northern suburbs Melbourne. Ring around and try and hammer them down. Tyrepower had cheapest prices on Coopers so I got them to match it as close as possible and paid $5 more a corner just so I didn't have to drive 15 minutes extra to the Tyrepower.

Same reasons I chose the Coopers, didn't hear a bad word about em, looked good, liked the fact I wouldn't have to worry if I went off road, but like I soda mileage warranty was deciding factor.
But as I said earlier also, Mickey Thompson didn't hear a bad word about and come out of same factory.

Wow that's dear. When I was looking at the mickeys I was looking at 340 per corner.

I was chasing the bfg ATS at 290 per, but because I ended up needing 265/70 I paid 320 per corner. Which was too much I think

reading through this thread I noticed c**per tyres warranty has been mentioned
I have had 1st hand experience with claiming a wty from c**pers
keep in mind guys this is a PRO RATA warranty
what this means is (and they WONT tell you unless you ask)
if your tyre fails due to manufacture fault b4 80k they will replace on a pro rata basis
so your faulty tyre is judged at say 40% tread left
you got 60% of the tyres life so they will supply a new tyre at a 40% discount, not a drive in and drive out free replacement, you can also be charged fitting
they don't cover uneven wear or deliberate damage ie stick in sidewall, read the fine print

if you were to drive in with 4 tyres that were bald at 70 k you would get a 10% discount on a new set, if they blame it on manufacturing fault and not eccesive driving
you also have to have regular wheel alignments/rotations and proof of such
as usial the wty has a lot of wiggle room for c**pers and none for the end user
the famous c**pers wty is famous for a reason
cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back