265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From 265/70r16 Cooper St that were down to the markers to the 265/75/r16. Cooper St maxx I'm running now it was pretty much an inch exactly. And it will most likely put your speedo out by 3 - 3.5kmph above speedo (eg speedo = 100kmh, actual speed = 103kmh ish)

About an inch over a 265/75. But from memory the 03's had 255/70 standard fitment, so if that's what's fitted to it now he will get a but more...

thats true when they first came out they had 255/70R16 from factory which the owners manual saying you can use 265/70R16 np. but remember the bigger tyre you go will make the car feel more sluggish.

thats true when they first came out they had 255/70R16 from factory which the owners manual saying you can use 265/70R16 np. but remember the bigger tyre you go will make the car feel more sluggish.

You're not wrong there! More effort for more tyre

Can't say I noticed any difference at all going from a 265/70 to 75 on my 2010, but older ones may depending on how worn out it is...

Ahh..... running 305's on the D22 atm towing a 27ft caravan up tha bruce hwy, with aircon on still punchn out 11/12 litres / 100 k's.
What are you clowns whinging about !!!???

GO GET SOME DRIVING LESSONS WHOA

Last edited:
the truck has a specific diff gearing for the tyre size they point you out, not my fault you cant feel the differance. They look cool and have the potential of being very functional, but they may also be robbing you of power/gas mileage. 70 to 75 is minor obviously. worn out meaning what?? its not engine related.

Ahh..... running 305's on the D22 atm towing a 27ft caravan up tha bruce hwy, with aircon on still punchn out 11/12 litres / 100 k's.
What are you clowns whinging about !!!???

GO GET SOME DRIVING LESSONS WHOA
Mines a dog with 285... Lucky ive never been a speed demon in her.

the truck has a specific diff gearing for the tyre size they point you out, not my fault you cant feel the differance. They look cool and have the potential of being very functional, but they may also be robbing you of power/gas mileage. 70 to 75 is minor obviously. worn out meaning what?? its not engine related.

They haven't affected my fuel usage either, if anything it is slightly better than previously because the motor is doing less rpm than it was with the smaller tyres on. That is calculating correctes usage, factoring in that the odometer now reads approx 3% less than the actual distance travelled.

If the vehicle is old and worn out, so is lower on power than a newer model you will be more likely to notice a gearing or tyre size change than if you have a newer model with more power. I'm not saying this is the case with every d22 fitted with bigger tyres, but if the vehicle hasn't been maintained particularly well and is down on power, it will be more noticeable.

They haven't affected my fuel usage either, if anything it is slightly better than previously because the motor is doing less rpm than it was with the smaller tyres on. That is calculating correctes usage, factoring in that the odometer now reads approx 3% less than the actual distance travelled.

If the vehicle is old and worn out, so is lower on power than a newer model you will be more likely to notice a gearing or tyre size change than if you have a newer model with more power. I'm not saying this is the case with every d22 fitted with bigger tyres, but if the vehicle hasn't been maintained particularly well and is down on power, it will be more noticeable.

you missed my point. what i mean is the d22 runs a 4.625 gearing in diffs (yd25) and factory says to use 30.6" tyres. when you upgrade to 265/75r16 which is 31.6" you would have to change the diff gearing to something like 4.78. obviously minor but it does affect when you do 285/75r16 for example or higher to a point the truck will feel like a slug on 4wheels.

you missed my point. what i mean is the d22 runs a 4.625 gearing in diffs (yd25) and factory says to use 30.6" tyres. when you upgrade to 265/75r16 which is 31.6" you would have to change the diff gearing to something like 4.78. obviously minor but it does affect when you do 285/75r16 for example or higher to a point the truck will feel like a slug on 4wheels.

I didn't miss your point. I know exactly what diff ratios they are fitted with. I think you'll also find, the early models with factory 255/70 tyres had 4.375 diff gears from the factory, hence the smaller tyre size. They will also feel a jump to a 265/75 more than a factory fitted 265/70 tyre with 4.625 diff ratios....

I didn't miss your point. I know exactly what diff ratios they are fitted with. I think you'll also find, the early models with factory 255/70 tyres had 4.375 diff gears from the factory, hence the smaller tyre size. They will also feel a jump to a 265/75 more than a factory fitted 265/70 tyre with 4.625 diff ratios....

zd models had 4.325. in europe we got the d22 with yd25 you have now since 2002 :)

Ok...265 75 16 will fit...

Question is: can i lift my car without lift kit?And how can i?and how much cm without lift kits?

You can wind the front torsion bars up, which is the only way to lift the front end up. If you aim for around 10-15mm clearance from the upper bump stop you will have enough lift for 265/75s. I have only wound my front torsion bars up, haven't replaced the factory ones yet.

For the back, if you want to do it on the cheap, you can get extended shackles or blocks that go between the diff and the rear springs. The legality of both of these options is questionable, how good they are I couldn't say, I have proper 2 inch lifted springs in mine...

From 265/70r16 Cooper St that were down to the markers to the 265/75/r16. Cooper St maxx I'm running now it was pretty much an inch exactly. And it will most likely put your speedo out by 3 - 3.5kmph above speedo (eg speedo = 100kmh, actual speed = 103kmh ish)

In mine, it actually reduced the speedo error from close to 10% back to 5% against the GPS -2012 D22

You can wind the front torsion bars up, which is the only way to lift the front end up. If you aim for around 10-15mm clearance from the upper bump stop you will have enough lift for 265/75s. I have only wound my front torsion bars up, haven't replaced the factory ones yet.

For the back, if you want to do it on the cheap, you can get extended shackles or blocks that go between the diff and the rear springs. The legality of both of these options is questionable, how good they are I couldn't say, I have proper 2 inch lifted springs in mine...

Thanks for answers...i will try...maybe:)

Next question is : Is my 4x2 2003 d22 normal about gas consumption?establish 13 liter gas / 100 km in only drive in city never long way...is it normal?

I had 265/75/16 Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 Ribs fitted to my 09 D22 after the original Bridgestones were clapped out after around 30,000 km. At the time I didn't have a lift kit installed and never had any issues with tyres rubbing inside the guards. Before the bigger tyres were fitted my speedo would read 109km/h and my GPS was showing 100. Now I show 105 on the speedo to reach 100 on the GPS.

Funny thing about it is the 5km/h difference between speedo and GPS is present from speeds as low as 40km/h and stays the same even when doing 110 on the highway into Brisbane. 70km/h on GPS shows 75km/h on the speedo, 80km/h GPS is 85km/h on speedo. I would have thought that if the speedo was out at 40km/h, the difference would increase with speed. For example, the speedo being 5km/h out at 40km/h is a difference of 12.5%. Using the same 12.5%, the difference at 100km/h would have the speedo reading approx. 112km/h. It's got me tricked.

I had 265/75/16 Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 Ribs fitted to my 09 D22 after the original Bridgestones were clapped out after around 30,000 km. At the time I didn't have a lift kit installed and never had any issues with tyres rubbing inside the guards. Before the bigger tyres were fitted my speedo would read 109km/h and my GPS was showing 100. Now I show 105 on the speedo to reach 100 on the GPS. Funny thing about it is the 5km/h difference between speedo and GPS is present from speeds as low as 40km/h and stays the same even when doing 110 on the highway into Brisbane. 70km/h on GPS shows 75km/h on the speedo, 80km/h GPS is 85km/h on speedo. I would have thought that if the speedo was out at 40km/h, the difference would increase with speed. For example, the speedo being 5km/h out at 40km/h is a difference of 12.5%. Using the same 12.5%, the difference at 100km/h would have the speedo reading approx. 112km/h. It's got me tricked.
Strange!
Mine is proportional, the higher the speed, the bigger the difference in kph between the two.

I drive by speedo in town, and by gps on the open road. Been through numerous radar traps at or just over gps readings with no issues - if speedo reading was right it would have cost me!

Mine is also proportional. At lower speeds it is less difference, so I'm guessing it's 3.5% being that at 100 actual speed is 103-104

Back