Tyre question.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus1324

Reaction score
G'day guys. This is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong place etc.

Got myself a 2012 d22 str, pretty much stock except for a canopy and bull bar. I want to get rid of the terrible stock wheels and put on some black sunnys. What size should I get etc? I have got 265/70/16 nexen rodian tyres on them at the moment. They have plenty of tread left so I won't be getting new tyres soon. Are 265/75/16 tyres the biggest I can get without a lift and without scrubbing the guards?

Only asking because one day I'd like to add a 2" lift but at this stage I won't be doing it. I don't go proper 4wding very often and if I do I go to pretty easy tracks etc.

So after all that rambling, my question is should I just get sunnys to fit my current tyres or would it be more worth it to save up and get sunnys for bigger tyres when I need some.

Oh btw I have zero idea about offsets and all that stuff. Very much new to all of this.

Thanks

16 inch will be fine even if you monster truck it later with huge tyres. 265/75/16 would be the go unless you're doing a body lift also.

+20 is probs the preferred offset, sidewalls sit just inside guards. If you wanna go more aggressive looking 0 offset is the go, sidewalls inline or just outside (technically illegal). I juggled for ages and went 0. Happy with that. Heaps of info/pics on here to help you decide when the time comes.

to add, you will be needing new rear springs at some stage. so get your 2" lift at the same time.
these are well known for sagging rear springs.

Usually 265 75 16s fit with just the torsions wound up 2", and removing or trimming front mud flaps.
But some tyre brands are bigger than others and the more negative offset u go the more chance of scrubbing.

Nothing wrong with stock wheels really, the offset will help the fit of bigger tyres too as +20 is the most u can go in sunny's.
Also the alloys will be a bit lighter than steel, my alloys with 30" road tyres weighed 26kg, 33" muddies on 16x8 sunnies 42kg.

Id be inclined to go new tyres pretty soon and rear springs.

Other stuff can be sorted easily as you go.

Latest posts

Back