2012 D40 servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Converge

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My Nav is about to hit 10K (Changed it at 5K secretly) and I was wondering if I did the service myself would that have any issues with warranty.

The catch is, I'm actually a mechanic by trade, but I don't work for a Nissan dealership.

If I buy my own oil, grab a genuine Nissan oil filter (Keep both receipts), stamp the book with my dealerships stamp (No RO/Invoice though), would you think it'll be alright?

Cheers

Yes.

The caveat is not even in warranty. It's AFTER warranty.

If your vehicle suffers from some failure DURING the warranty period that isn't attributable to wear & tear or a faulty service (for example, an ABS unit failure) then Nissan are obligated to make good on the fault.

However, AFTER the warranty is over, Nissan can ELECT to make good on a failure that was caused by workmanship or flawed/faulty design (eg the timing chains in Europe, axles on the 2006 D40) - and they are more likely to do so if they can see some loyalty by the customer.

If you have no worries about that sort of thing, service away yourself. You'll save yourself considerable $ - even with "capped price servicing", the D40 services can get steep. My next one is a 120,000km service and it'll be around $1100 or so.

I Do the same.

I am a qualified mechanic and do my own Maintenance. I had a stamp made up with my own qualifications. I use the correct rate lubricants and genuine filters, stamp the book and keep the receipts for evidence should it be required. I am ready for a battle if needed for warranty.

Regards

Greg

Latest posts

Back