2" + lift help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopsmode

Reaction score
Hi all!

Sorry you guys have probably been asked this 1000times, but im wanted to lift my nav i was wanting to go 4-5" but im not too keen on paying 5-6k to get an engineers cert for it.

So it looks like im gonna have to settle for a 2" lift kit, is there a way i can jack it up a little more to get it slightly higher? So thats still "2inch" so to speak! Ill be running 33s on it as well but i just want it that little bit higher and so sit level.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Bilstein adjustables is what I have in the front and OME 300kg leafs in rear and I'm running 3" lift all round

Hi all!

Sorry you guys have probably been asked this 1000times, but im wanted to lift my nav i was wanting to go 4-5" but im not too keen on paying 5-6k to get an engineers cert for it.

So it looks like im gonna have to settle for a 2" lift kit, is there a way i can jack it up a little more to get it slightly higher? So thats still "2inch" so to speak! Ill be running 33s on it as well but i just want it that little bit higher and so sit level.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

if you are worried about keeping it legal then you wont be if you run 33's, if you go over 50mm of lift you wont be legal either.

So since you will be illegal anyway you may as well put the lift on you wanted in the first place and go with the Calmini 5" kit, imported straight from the states your self you will save a stack of coin.

I know quite a few people with those kits and more on here and never have i heard of anyone being pinged for it.

Its not that you get pinged Nathan, Its more so the insurance issues that go with it if in an accident.
Even if its not your fault they can say your vehicle was un roadworthy and shouldn't have been on the road. Worse, you could end up owing money to the other driver and your on your own....

Its not that you get pinged Nathan, Its more so the insurance issues that go with it if in an accident.
Even if its not your fault they can say your vehicle was un roadworthy and shouldn't have been on the road. Worse, you could end up owing money to the other driver and your on your own....

Thats not really the debate, but Yep your dead right.
I fully understand the implications, but like I said if he is going to run 33's and more then 50mm of lift it is just as Illegal as a 5" lift and 33's.
Illegal is illegal and that's that.

Last edited:
why is it going to cost 5-6k to engineer it? that does not seem right to me.
also not sure on the d40 but i just got 285/75r16 (33's) claws engineered and mod plated on my d22, would have thought if it was possible for the d22 then d40 would be the same.

Thats exactly why! I dont care about cops i just cant afford another 50k if some Muppet smashes into me.

When i spoke to the engineer he told me you can run a 2inch and 33s and its still legal.
I just want something that is gonna bring it a little bit higher so that if worst case i am involved in a crash or something i can say its a "2" lift" *wink wink nudge nudge* and ill be covered.

Thats exactly why! I dont care about cops i just cant afford another 50k if some Muppet smashes into me.

When i spoke to the engineer he told me you can run a 2inch and 33s and its still legal.

I just want something that is gonna bring it a little bit higher so that if worst case i am involved in a crash or something i can say its a "2" lift" *wink wink nudge nudge* and ill be covered.

Then stick with a 2" lift (ToughDog or alike) grab a set of 32" Tyres and be happy with that. It's a little over but that what u will find most run with, it's what I run with. Job done. Next please.
If you do go higher and need it certified you will find that and certificate shouldn't cost 4-5k but around $800-$1000-ish, depending engineer, depending state, depending what needs modding. But like Nath says if your going to need it engineered then go the whole hog and make it worth it.
To be clear at the moment the law basically states any combination of lift (Tyres,suspension.blocks etc) if it's over 50mm it needs to be engineered, except extended shackles as they are just illegal.

Last edited:
This is why I love qld. Any combination of suspension, body and tire must not exceed 125mm. Bam. 2" sus + 2"body + 1" tires. You will have to have the bodylift certified and plated but that's it

That's it rusty they don't look twice at mine keep them clean and not over the top drawing attention and they leave u alone up here

bloody queenslanders
I miss it, laws are way better
and less taxes and red tape
NSW SUX

Then stick with a 2" lift (ToughDog or alike) grab a set of 32" Tyres and be happy with that. It's a little over but that what u will find most run with, it's what I run with. Job done. Next please.
If you do go higher and need it certified you will find that and certificate shouldn't cost 4-5k but around $800-$1000-ish, depending engineer, depending state, depending what needs modding. But like Nath says if your going to need it engineered then go the whole hog and make it worth it.
To be clear at the moment the law basically states any combination of lift (Tyres,suspension.blocks etc) if it's over 50mm it needs to be engineered, except extended shackles as they are just illegal.

$800-1000? If you know someone who can do it that cheap but me on to them! Ill be more than happy to travel interstate to get it done if i have to! Haha

$800-1000? If you know someone who can do it that cheap but me on to them! Ill be more than happy to travel interstate to get it done if i have to! Haha

I think were in the same boat...that being the southern states...most engineering needs a lane change test a brake test and a general thrash around test...all need to be done on a test track (track hire fee) then the engineers fee then everyones elses fees then somthing else then paperwork fees....gets pretty pricey.

I think were in the same boat...that being the southern states...most engineering needs a lane change test a brake test and a general thrash around test...all need to be done on a test track (track hire fee) then the engineers fee then everyones elses fees then somthing else then paperwork fees....gets pretty pricey.

Too right! Thats what he told me straight up, reckons its not uncommon to fail the first time as well

A bit of lift is handy but the ifs will always be the negative part that hampers you. Plus I hate body roll my basic efs from Zordo does what I want the towbar is the only thing that hits, and that's about to change.

Mine was just under 1k, that was for report, lane change and brake test, mod plate and roadworthy paperwork. Passed easy with 130mm lift from suspension, body and tyres.

Back