Torsion bars and suspension issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellmatic

Reaction score
Good Morning/evening/ afternoon everyone

im oooking for some help and info for my front suspension issue

i've replaced with heavy duty torsion bars for my D22 navara QD32 duel cab ute

and they are the right diameter and length i made sure of that before i bought them

i've installed them and passenger side is higher but still not full 2" but it's better than before but my issue lies on the drivers side

im 2cm lower drivers side compared to passengers side i've tensioned to all but the same in turns and adjustments but still is slightly down on one side

i can't figure out the cause for a softer drivers side so any help will be greatly appreciated

i've looked at all bushes and arms all seem to be ok without much or any visible wear but i'm out of ideas

i've looked and asked a company about the coil conversion kit for the D22 so might be an option but in the meantime im needing help to solve this

thank you for any help

Jake

it sounds to me like you need to mark where the splines line up in the adjuster, pull out the torsion bar and move it around 1 more spline (re-index) and re-adjust.

you can re-index and wind it up higher to get the full 2" but you will want to make sure there is a good 10-15mm of clearance between the control arms and bump stops to still allow some down travel in your suspension. 40-50mm will be the max if you still want some down travel, no down travel = poor ride quality.

hello ben85 yes ive noticed that and have turned the torsion bar one 1/4 turn or somthing to allow me to wind it up tighter, ive got it up quite firm to gain that hight, if i go any further the actual nut and torison arm bit will sit below the grove and will be exposed to everything underneath instead of protected, if that makes any sense, ive mesured from the bottom of the rim to the top of the flare not the guard itself, its 73cm on passenger and 71 on the drivers side, i just not sure how to keep the drivers side up, just seems to be soft on that side a little, unless i might need to replace the torsion arm that it connects to? is that a possibility if its worn out im not sure thankyou for the reply

Latest posts

Back