3.0L V9x scheduled maintenance

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dag

Reaction score
When does Nissan recommend changing the spark plugs and timing chain for the 3.0L V9x?

The V9X engine is a turbo diesel engine....... It doesn't have spark plugs!! Do you mean glow plugs, which are used only during starting?
There is no recommended replacement interval for the timing chain. Do it on condition, which is determined by inspection and noise when the engine is running.

The V9X engine is a turbo diesel engine....... It doesn't have spark plugs!! Do you mean glow plugs, which are used only during starting?
There is no recommended replacement interval for the timing chain. Do it on condition, which is determined by inspection and noise when the engine is running.
Sorry, I meant glow plugs. Thanks for the reply.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a work shop manual for a Nissan Navara 2010 STX550 3ltr turbo diesel.

Speaking of glo plugs my number 4 needs to be replaced at 200k, the Nissan dealer wants $129 for one. So my question is - which cylinder is no. 4 and should I replace all 6 glo plugs anyway. I see that aftermarket ones are much cheaper.

#4 is LH bank (looking fwd), middle cylinder
1715802071094.png

Speaking of glo plugs my number 4 needs to be replaced at 200k, the Nissan dealer wants $129 for one. So my question is - which cylinder is no. 4 and should I replace all 6 glo plugs anyway. I see that aftermarket ones are much cheaper.
It is best to replace ALL glow plugs at the same time, I bought mine from EBAY, the brand I got was BOSCH which has been recommended by all mechanics I have spoken to.
BEAR THIS IN MIND!!!--- Be EXTRA EXTRA careful when removing the 'plugs, they are made of brass (on the outside of course). If they will not undo DO NOT FORCE THEM. Saturate each plug seat area with WD40 and leave for at least 30 minutes, use a 10mm LONG socket and gently but firmly turn ANTI CLOCK WISE. If any are stubborn spray again and leave and repeat. If you break any it is a tow truck and big bucks at the mechanic.
I paid $118 on EBAY for the plugs a few years ago.
The CAPS are for emphasis.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a work shop manual for a Nissan Navara 2010 STX550 3ltr turbo diesel.
Somewhere there is a link to a guy, if Old Tony can't help you PM me and I will try to send it you, the file is 98.5MB in size and is in PDF format.

Back