ZD30 "miss"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogmeister

Reaction score
Our 2005 zd30 has developed an intermittant hic up. Sometimes at highway speeds it will run fine, but after slowing down or idling for a traffic light it farts. It feels like the motor cuts out for a fraction of a second. I have cleaned the tank out, changed filters, run a fuel system cleaner thru it, poked it with a stick and spat at it. I also cleaned the electrical connections to the pump, cleaned all the earths on the motor and body. It all started with $20 worth of fuel from an unknown quality servo in the bush but the fact that it started farting 60km after filling up there may be a coincidence. Any ideas?

Just for peace of mind - check that there is not air getting into the fuel system somewhere. There's plenty written on the subject - do a search. But in short, you'll need to check that the primer 'pumps up' after only a couple of shots. Alternatively, run a clear fuel line on the outlet side of your filter (bubbles are bad).

Could of damaged the pump or injectors.

Might need to put an insurance claim in.

What about the old neutral switch bogey? I never had that one come up so I can't comment on what it feels like in action.

is the egr blanked off?
do you have a catch can fitted? if not check for oil in the intake, clean it out, disconnect breather and try it.

Took it to diesel care in Toowoomba who have diagnosed and quoted $5600 for a reco injector pump. Is this common on zd30s? The more people I talk to seem to have had the same problem :-(

The egr is not blocked but the butterfly/manifold has been cleaned out and the PCV is a "free to air" system. (It blows out under the motor)

could well be injection pump. they don't like water or crap fuel going through.
however i would block egr off first. do the cheap stuff first.
check the turbo is ok and its not siezing.

Latest posts

Back