YD25 - P1272 Code - torque pro

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navd22yd25cr

Reaction score
hey guy just wondering if any has had their car go into limp more while driving?

mine cut out 3 times today and i used my torque pro on my phone and said a P1272 code was coming up and it was to do with"Acceleration pedal position sensor"

I match the code up with nissan and it says "air and fuel ratio sensor 1 high"

say the cause can be "wiring, af sensor, ecm?

it hasnt done it again but just wondering what i can check to see what could be the cause.

has anyone else had this on there YD25 motor?

It happens so often that it's not funny - these odd unexplainable errors are caused by a bad earth. The D22's sore spot seems to be the earth on the side of the engine. The ECU's earth is also a culprit, but twice recently it's been caused by a bad (old) battery.

Throttle position sensor COULD have a loose connector, so before spending any $, it's worth taking the connections apart and giving them a little clean.

I dont think its a loose connection i read through the manual and said to rev it over 4000. As soon i did i notices it died and limited at 2000 revs. Basicly limp mode.

The torque pro said air fuel ratio? Could it be the turbo not keeping up with the fuel?

Electrical gremlins can show up at any time really, but if you're only getting the problem at high revs and it's absolutely normal at low revs I'd discount an electrical problem too. In the D40s I'd suspect the suction control valve which are known to cause grief at higher rpms if they're dirty. Since the YD25 motor isn't vastly different in your car to the D40 it's possible that you're having a problem there.

whats the prcedure and cost involved changing if you know?

yeah just spewing its happened havent had much luck with the car lately.

If the D22 has an SCV, it should be similarly priced to the D40 - around $240. It would pay to clean the current one first - had a couple of reports of people who had fixed their problems by removing it, cleaning it and putting it back in. Wash it in petrol or turps, but rinse it well in fresh diesel before reinstallation.

Depending on the model there isnt a scv listed for d22. Usually you need to pull it out and match it up. Big size or small size!

hey guy just wondering if any has had their car go into limp more while driving?

mine cut out 3 times today and i used my torque pro on my phone and said a P1272 code was coming up and it was to do with"Acceleration pedal position sensor"

I match the code up with nissan and it says "air and fuel ratio sensor 1 high"
your reading petrol codes not diesel.

1272 is "Fuel rail pressure relief valve open"
pump control valves are known to cause problems which could make excess pressure.

Latest posts

Back