Winch install , FAIL!!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1961

Reaction score
Winch install , FAIL!!!, now Success !!!

Well the best layed plans of men & mice , today i decided to fit the winch i got through the week , easy i thought , have all the tools at hand , and we proceed , well the winch fits into the ARB bullbar just fine , adjusted the clutch to where i thought it should be and proceeded to bolt it up , stood back to survey my handy work and was pretty happy with what i had achieved , now to unspool the thing a bit to get the rope through , DAMMMM the clutch is fouling , )(**&&*( and more )(*&*&())_ , ok i stuffed up , removed the bloody winch again and moved the clutch , yet again , loose fit to see if all is ok , and its NOT iam up shit creek as the only 2 positions that the clutch is accessible through where you put your hand foul on the inside of the bar , anyone any ideas ?? as i don't really want to butcher up a color coded ARB bullbar

Last edited:
I have a brand new Premier winch in the shed I never got around to fitting to the D22.

I'll get around to fitting it to the Dmax one day. Haha.

With my Kingone/avenger winch i was able to trim the alloy lever with the grinder and shape it up nice so you cant pick i even done it, and it still is very easy to switch in and out of gear.

Well there's one position it will fit , i just have to trim the clutch handle , a tomorrow job now , but heres a pic of the start today

Last edited:
Runva 12,000 lbs winch finally fitted today , not an easy task having to cut down the clutch handle ,lol well trimming the handle is easy , but not the easiest winch fit ive done , still have to fab a bracket to install the controller and even now the clutch handle is only just usable , but all in all iam happy with the result

Last edited:
nice job
with your control box out in the open have you fitted a switch to stop the hoons wrecking your car

nice job
with your control box out in the open have you fitted a switch to stop the hoons wrecking your car

Yeah , main power switch to the winch power under the hood , thats where the control box will be , i have to get a bit of alloy c channel to make the mount tomorrow ,

Yeah , main power switch to the winch power under the hood , thats where the control box will be , i have to get a bit of alloy c channel to make the mount tomorrow ,

where abouts are you going to squeeze it in under the hood?
I looked at doing it with the last D40, but in the end i just couldnt be stuffed and put in on the bar.
Definitely keen to see what you do.

I put my killswitch in beside the battery positive terminal. I didn't put my control box in there - I have winched a couple of times now, and I don't want to be actively winching with my bonnet open (although I did when I was pulling stumps out of the ground).

Sorry , I meant the control box will be as in the pic , it was just sitting there in that pic , the winch cut out is under the hood

Latest posts

Back