Who's interested in cheaper arctic style flares?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qqc d22

Reaction score
After seeing a few rigs popping up with artic flares and seeing the cost I asked a mate about him producing some. He allready make a lot of cf & frp parts for different cars at a much cheaper rate than the big players.
His product are excellent if its not right he won't sell it full stop. here is his website for rx7 stuff he makes just top give you an idea of the stuff hes capable off.
http://www.angrypandafactory.com.au/browse-angry-panda-factory/product/listing
those prices may look dear but they are cheap compared to every other manufacturer of fd rx7 parts.

all right long story short who's interested. jump in and say if you are and also what nav you have d22 or d40.
im also discussing the idea with him about making a front set that taper back in to meet the bullbar/bumper so it doesnt have to be modified to match flares.

So Who wants BigBoy Flares :rambo:

There has been a few threads in the past about people making extended flares. Maybe not a huge set like the arctic truck ones but 50mm extended flares would have a market.
Havnt seen anyone else come up with a product so if they eventuate i would grab a set when funds allow.

awsome start, It all depends on numbers the more that want them the cheaper we can produce them. at this stage were looking at making them out of plastic rather than fibreglass. it will be stronger lighter and should be able to get a nicer finish which will then require bugger all prep work for painting. If there are any extra sort of thing you guys want added to them post up your ideas machine gun holders etc. :D

If we get enough numbers and go ahead with this we want to know what the majority wants.
ie. 50mm wider 300mm wider tapered to meet original bumper on front etc.
As its quiet expensive to make the original moulds and organise the design side of things we will only make one type which will be the most popular.
As for the comment above about the d40 we will certainly do d40 aswell if we can get enough numbers to do so.
so give me the ideas as what you want and if we can get enough numbers we will start the ball rolling.
It is a fairly in depth process so these wont be ready in a week lol it will take some time
cheers Dale

7 yes/maybes hmm ill put it to him it may not be enough interest to cover startup costs but ill pass on the info and see how keen he is. no more takers ;)

to be honest mate i think you'd sell heaps if they were at a reasonable price.

but it's you and your mate that that have to foot the start up cost so only you guys that can decide if its worth the cost and effort.

do you have an idea on what sort of price you would be selling them for?

id agree that 50mm wider and tapered would be the go.

not 100% sure on price yet. ill chat to him tomorrow as hes overseas atm. 50mm seems the choice wanted so ill have a chat to him and if he wants to go Ahead with it ill get him to start rendering some images of shapes.ie the shape of the flare weather it gets done as a full round flare or more of a square style with rounded corners etc.

yeh 50mm is the go very keen for d22 and there would be a huge market for it if u get it out there in the mags and that the amount of d22 and d40 owners out there looking for this is huge and 50mm is realistic not over the top

Yeah there are SO many d22s around! And NO ext flares available. I really can't beleive some company hasn't tapped this market. $500 a set seems pretty reasonable esp if they are plastic.

Latest posts

Back