Mr Harvey's plea for more business

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original take over of DSE was actually done by Safeway, which at the time was the food and grocery part of Woolworths and Safeway. The original take over was done by Safeway with the agreement that for a set period of years Safeway were not allowed to change the trading name of DSE stores. The legal wrangling and contract writing is the main reason Victoria kept the trading name of Safeway instead of Woolworths like most other states and despite the extremely large cost of running with two different trading names Woolworths/Safeway ran that way until about 10 years ago when some of the larger Safeways went into refurb and changed trading name. They are now doing the name change throughout the state as refurbs happen or where the Woolworths name is surveyed as better than Safeway. DSE also brought into Tandy before their take over but may not have taken the majority share until later however the naming rights issue was similar to the DSE/Safeway agreement.

I worked for Dick Smiths for a few years as a fill in job.

It was all Woolworths, sell sell sell.

Fulltime salesmen got 1% commision. Woooohh Not.

I was only a casual so I didn't care and did behind the scenes as I didn't wanna sell someone some Digitor Tv or DSE that I knew was shit.

Dave.

Wouldn't go anywhere near DSE crap these days but the old Techinques brand stuff that was exclusive to DSE and Tandy was cheap as crap but lasted forever. I've still got 4 Techniques amps floating around in different garages and sheds that get used regularly and they have never missed a beat, they are only about 60 Watt but they were also only about $60 each so for the 20 odd years they have been running I'm happy with them. Like every other store though such products just don't exist now

For those who have trouble finding Farnells they recently changed to Element 14 so if they stop redirecting from Farnell use element14

Yep, been a Farnell and RS customer in the past, but I am not really doing that sort of thing any more even as a hobby. I pull the oscilloscope out now and again to look over electronics on the race car when setting things up but that is about it.

Latest posts

Back