Where to find cruise control unit d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezzdash

Reaction score
My cruise controll unit is busted i think, if i go to a wreckers will it be a simple plug and play swap of the old unit with new one?

Dezz

Have you checked the fuses, they can be tricky to find because there are fusses all over the place on the D40,in the cab, in two boxes in the engine bay on either side.

According to the engine control diagram in the manual, the cruise control is done by the ECM itself. It even describes when certain events happen (brake pedal switch, gear disengaged) that the ECM itself changes the operation of the ASCD (Automatic Speed Control Device).

Whats ecm?
My CC keeps cutting out once its locked on and sometimes it wont lock on at all and other times its all sweet?
All the lights on the dash still work.
Any thoughts

Dezz

The ECM is the "Engine Control Module".

Is yours an auto? Your garage doesn't indicate either way. If it is, do you use your left foot to brake (which is illegal as far as I know anyway, but LOTS of people do it) ?

You might be depressing the brake accidentally which will immediately disconnect the cruise control. The brake pedal switch might also be loose/faulty and that could be the cause. You could try getting someone to follow you and see if the brake lights come on but a very quick flick as the switch shorts and disconnects may not be enough for the tail-light globes to get hot enough to light up, but will still disconnect the cruise control.

Then as suggested it's possibly a dodgy switch on the brake pedal.

I've seen people cruising along on the freeway - even going up the hills - with their brake lights on. Since it could be the cause of a CC disengaging it had to be asked, no offence was intended.

I'd have the brake pedal switch checked. That should be covered by warranty!

I think there's a thread around here somewhere that deals with the brake switch, might be related to a trailer/caravan brake controller.

I went and did a search and came up with another possibility in this thread. Essentially there's also a switch on your clutch with a grommet made of rubber - inspect that.

Back