DPF self burn semi-successful

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nissan Navara D23 2015 DPF issue. Had mechanic do DPF burn off. Load down from 42g to 4g. All good except for $800 bill as full service done. 8000 km latter DPF light on and my Autel Maxiap AP200 tester threw up codes for DPF and oil dilution. Changed oil and cleared codes. DPF came up again so used AP200 service function to do DPF hot burn off. Sure enough speed went to 3000rpm and rpm, water temp, temp upstream of turbine and ups prtcl fltr temp continually monitored.
Looking good until 7 minutes then burn self aborted and through a razy error message not worth repeating as latter Autel confirmed it appears the tester encounted an unknown error and randomly pick an “excuse” to stop.
Autel tech could not help.
Good news burn usually takes 40 minutes?
So I did six 7 minute burns one after another. Yes load now tests as 6%. DPF light would not clear until I went for 30 min drive. Several drives latter still ok.
Observation. I have only had DPF issues since being forced by mechanic to use 5w30 oil. Previously I used and have gone back to 15w40. We live in a warmer climate always above 5 degee C.
Hope this helps somebady. .

Nissan Navara D23 2015 DPF issue. Had mechanic do DPF burn off. Load down from 42g to 4g. All good except for $800 bill as full service done. 8000 km latter DPF light on and my Autel Maxiap AP200 tester threw up codes for DPF and oil dilution. Changed oil and cleared codes. DPF came up again so used AP200 service function to do DPF hot burn off. Sure enough speed went to 3000rpm and rpm, water temp, temp upstream of turbine and ups prtcl fltr temp continually monitored.
Looking good until 7 minutes then burn self aborted and through a razy error message not worth repeating as latter Autel confirmed it appears the tester encounted an unknown error and randomly pick an “excuse” to stop.
Autel tech could not help.
Good news burn usually takes 40 minutes?
So I did six 7 minute burns one after another. Yes load now tests as 6%. DPF light would not clear until I went for 30 min drive. Several drives latter still ok.
Observation. I have only had DPF issues since being forced by mechanic to use 5w30 oil. Previously I used and have gone back to 15w40. We live in a warmer climate always above 5 degee C.
Hope this helps somebady. .
6g not 6%in my post

what oils where used?

what sort of driving do you do? city, open road, short trips etc.

factory oil spec is 5w-40.
Default spec But manual lists other oils weights as ok if in your temp range.
what oils where used?

what sort of driving do you do? city, open road, short trips etc.
Mostly 30+ km runs on country road but mostly 80 km/hr limit. Not much start stop.
My point was that repetitive short burns worked. And why again after only 8000km. I also use a oil catch can that caught about 150ml in first 5000km.

it could just be the differences in oils, especially when you change.
your running enough km that you should not get dpf issues. they are only euro5 so they should not get filled up quickly. it might clog if your burning a bit of oil.
the other thing is to check the issue with turbo control (vac filters getting clogged). if its not running turbo well it may be struggling to burn off passively.

it could just be the differences in oils, especially when you change.
your running enough km that you should not get dpf issues. they are only euro5 so they should not get filled up quickly. it might clog if your burning a bit of oil.
the other thing is to check the issue with turbo control (vac filters getting clogged). if its not running turbo well it may be struggling to burn off passively.
Thanks. It does have plenty get up and go. It is twin turbo I think?
Will do some research. I will monitor build up regularly now that I have the right tool.

Thanks. It does have plenty get up and go. It is twin turbo I think?
Will do some research. I will monitor build up regularly now that I have the right tool.
If I am reading the manual correctly, if oil dilution occurs it raises a P253F error code BUT does not trigger any MIL lights on the dash. The manual appears to indicate that a DPF burn is hindered if this P253F alarm exists. If no DPF burn occurs then eventually a P2002 DPF fault alarm will come up. In both my DPF issues the P253F error was present. Any suggestions why oil dilution is occurring? I will use my Autel scanner weekly for awhile and check the engine oil level. Perhaps faulty oil level sensor?

the first thing the book says with the p253f error is "to much engine oil", which actually fits with your catch can catching excess oil.

Latest posts

Back