What model is my ute

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerrie0400

Reaction score
hi everyone

im new to the forum, i have just brought a

2003 nissan navara 3.0lt turbo diesel, dual cab

I know its not the str model so it must be the dx model right?

I need to know so when i buy stuff for it i know im buying the right stuff.

Also can someone tell if i can fit the new 09/10 model str tub to my ute

cheers:rock:

I don't think it matters too much, the STR & DX share mechanicals so you should be ok whatever you are after.

As for the tub, someone should be along soon and let you know.

I'm not a D22 convert (much to Dave's disappointment) but hasn't there been a lot of chatter lately about the new models having a larger tub (100mm larger or something) than previous models?

The new tub is longer than the old style. I had a 2010 model on the hoist the other week and did a few measurements to compare with mine and it looks like the chassis' are the same. So by rights it should fit the earlier model.

I don't think the chassis are the same.There is a big difference between Jap Thai and spanish built models.Kerrie 0400 yours is a Jap built being 03.All parts should fit beween str and dx though.

I have just fitted a towbar to my 2010 STR. They used the same towbar as previous models, but I need a longer gooseneck (100mm) to reach past the rear bumber. The towbar bloke said the 2010 tubs are definitey longer then earlier D22's.

I don't think the chassis are the same.There is a big difference between Jap Thai and spanish built models.Kerrie 0400 yours is a Jap built being 03.All parts should fit beween str and dx though.

Spanish and Thai, your thinking D40.

There are some differences in the D22, brake lines are mounted differently but I would think the tray should bolt on.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back